Discuss Undersink waste water pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pipefitter

Hi everyone , I'm looking for a reliable pump which will have 3 sinks run into it,only ever fitted sanivite before but looking for something a little more commercial for this job as it is a busy kitchen .cheers

I did one for a pub, 4 gallon f & e tank and a submersible pump. But then they where tight gits.

not that I have a suggestion to the problem just subscribing my self as I can see this is going to interest read , should anyone that has done something like this come along

http://www.saniflo.co.uk/upload/pdf/170142-manual_professional-range-brochure.pdf
Commercial kitchens can always cause problems when you have to pump the waste away, two main things to watch out for - high temperature water discharge from dish / glass washing & grease from washing up sinks (grease traps are a legal requirement it most cases check out Part H Building Reg's).
Although not necessary a great fan of Saniflo over the years their professional range looks OK.

Last edited:
looking at the sanicom 2..looks like it should be upto the job !

As some of you know I work with Sani`s every day and whilst the Sanispeed is the commercial Sanivite it is not suitable for 3 sinks. The early Sanicom 1 were problematic but I think that phase is now over with the 2 motor Sanicom 2 but look at the size of the tank it`s tiny! Chris is correct in his post regarding build up of fat & grease even with an inline strainer being fitted and for that reason look at something along the lines of the DAB Novabox, ABS pumps or something from the Pump Technology range most of which are easy to clean inside once a month by the customer. As always please talk to them before you buy and tell them the installation plans including the product (water temperature) and the run of the outlet pipe. Stay clear of Grundfos and Edencare if you expect aftersales help or service. There is nothing wrong with Sani jubilee clips if you use a 7mm socket driver on high pressure connections :) (sorry still can`t paragraph here).

I've fitted the sanicom 1 to a tai restaurant in Manchester this took a glass wash sink and 2 food prep sinks and it managed that ok., not too sure on greasy washing up though.

Last edited:
This will be taking 3 sinks ,only 1is a hand wash so I assume the other 2 will be having all sorts put down them

Haven`t heard anything lately one way or other but will ask on Monday and post here. The Sanicom is a water pump no macerator blade so add food debris in to 32 or 40mm pipe and it should be ok but look at the tank it`s what 4" deep x 18" x 18"? and the 5"pump housing sits way down inside. Really suggest one of the others I mentioned earlier. Easier to clean so no yearly service charge, have a com serviced every year for 7yrs that`s ÂŁ700 + cost of a com @ ÂŁ500 that`s ÂŁ1200. Spend a little more on real pump, add a high level water alarm and offer a yearly service yourself, will take less than an hour with a strong stomach and best to do service when property is not open to the public :)

Just looked at the dab nova box that you mentioned ,I think they look ore suitable for the job,I'll look in more detail tomorrow,
Thanks for the good advice

Been told No known issues on Sanicom 1 since last upgrades. My own personal warning is to check the motor cowl hasn`t been damaged in transit before installing one.

Fitted the sanicom 2 in the end ,it has 4 sinks running into it & it's doing a good job ,nice & quite,seems like a good bit of kit.

No problem m8, if they ring Sani from their landline it will divert to their nearest official service engineer. Don`t get me wrong there is nothing wrong with em it`s just that I can service the Novabox and others like them in 30 minutes compared to +1 hour on a com2.

Yeah I just gave the client the option of the novabox & the sanicom & let him pick as I told him I have no experience of either ...as you say he will call sani for the servicing ...one job I don't mind losing ,thanks for your thoughts on this though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Undersink waste water pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock