Discuss Toilet cistern won't fill up and when adjust it manually it won't stop filling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gifford

When I flush the cistern, it empties but will not fill up. When I make adjustment inside to make it flush it will not stop filling (oh yeah and it is VERY slow at filling)

Any help or advice much,y appreciated.

You need a new toilet inlet valve... Like a torbeck or fluid master.

Sounds like the diaphragm washer. It's an easy fix and the washer is readily available. Turn off the water to the cistern then you need to unscrew the lever arm, remove the large black washer and replace it with a new one facing in the same direction as the original. I'm assuming it's the Torbek type fill valve or one of its variants. Post a picture and we can advise you further.

How did it fill the 1st before 1st flush?? :wink:

When I flush the cistern, it empties but will not fill up. When I make adjustment inside to make it flush it will not stop filling (oh yeah and it is VERY slow at filling)

Any help or advice much,y appreciated.

Go for the Torbeck.:wink:

cistern.JPG hope this helps, thanks

You need a new fill valve as said. Don't bother trying to repair this, get a fluid master

I think its a Siamp ballcock. you can get washers for them from B&Q. They aren't the best ballcocks though so maybe fitting a new one might be better.

The newer torbecks are turd as well. The cheap inlet tubes tear off so easily, they're connected to a cheap plastic ring now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet cistern won't fill up and when adjust it manually it won't stop filling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, My tenant toilet has just started to fill up really slow, he has said it takes 20mins to fill the tank, what could be the issue? He...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low...
Replies
Views
Toilet continuously flushing/cistern filling. This happens regardless of what else is going on within the house (videos were taken before and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I fix what I can around the house myself and have fixed a few toilets but I need help with this one. This toilet keeps running and stopping...
Replies
Views
Hi I've seen a few threads with similar issues to mine, but none are exact. My conceala 2 cistern flushes fine, fills up and stops. But then it...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock