Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed (not a plumber) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Toilet continuously flushing/cistern filling.
This happens regardless of what else is going on within the house (videos were taken before and after a shower but this happens seemingly randomly and probably happens when no one is home). As a result my water bill has considerably increased but I am a single mum and wanted some advice as to whether or not I could tackle this myself! Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0621.mov
    11.2 MB
  • IMG_0622.mov
    4.1 MB
  • IMG_0620.mov
    43.8 MB
Could be two things either the ball valve / float valve is sticking / washer gone (this is the thing that lets the water into the tank)

Or the siphon washer has gone / sticking up slightly

My money is on overfilling so ball valve / float valve

Whip the lid off and have a look might lift off if not there two options either the push button unscrews or there’s a screw behind the button they should pull out then you can access the screw etc

I am trying to source a replacement valve for one in my central heating plumbing which has a slow leak. I cant find one anywhere and may be calling it the wrong thing in my searches. (I have photo available if it helps). If is a 22mm in line butterfly valve, but it has a Cross flow (smaller diameter). on one side of the cross flow is a bleed valve, and on the other a cap. can anyone help me identify the valve and where to obtain one?

I am trying to source a replacement valve for one in my central heating plumbing which has a slow leak. I cant find one anywhere and may be calling it the wrong thing in my searches. (I have photo available if it helps). If is a 22mm in line butterfly valve, but it has a Cross flow (smaller diameter). on one side of the cross flow is a bleed valve, and on the other a cap. can anyone help me identify the valve and where to obtain one?

Would need a picture

Reply to Advice needed (not a plumber) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock