Discuss Thomas Dudley Vantage concealed flush advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I*ve had to replace the clip base of the flush assembly on my Thomas Dudley Vantage concealed cistern (the lugs that hold the flush assembly had broken off).
After talking to TD I was able to source the part and after a bit of a struggle I managed to get the broken one out but I’m struggling to get the new one in. I can get it aligned but can’t get it to turn into the locked position,
It’s all compounded by limited access as I can’t get any real leverage on the base to turn it.

Does anyone have any advice on how I might get it to move?

I was considering putting the flush assembly on it first and trying to turn it as a unit but I’m worried I‘ll break it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

F5ACECDB-991C-40DE-99F6-17B58C127A86.jpeg

Reply to Thomas Dudley Vantage concealed flush advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled...
Replies
Views
Hi all Relatively inexperienced homeowner here. Apologies in advance if I get any terminology wrong. Today I noticed some limescale accumulation...
Replies
Views
I’ve got a vantage concealed cistern that had an intermittent problem a couple of years ago whereby the flush wouldn’t shut off and it...
Replies
Views
It's a Thomas Dudley Vantage (TD 212-A) dual flush. Possibly getting on for 13 years old. I'm not a plumber but I try to solve problems myself. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I was just posting on here to see if anyone has had anything similar or can point me in right direction… I have a Geberit concealed tank...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock