Discuss Thermostatic Valve Head in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Following on from my previous I have now received my Bulldog Thermostatic Valve Head as pictured below and removed the previous ring however I am finding it hard to find the position for it to slot into place and turn the ring to fix into place - any advice for a extreme novice like me?

Attachments

• EFD9C9B2-3714-4FEA-91B2-62C04F2D4E20.jpeg
    EFD9C9B2-3714-4FEA-91B2-62C04F2D4E20.jpeg
    500.1 KB · Views: 9
Should just fit you might need to line it up with the internal hex eg turn it a bit left or right till it seats

Yes best to open it all the way eg highest setting

Yes best to open it all the way eg highest setting
I’ve managed to get it back on now Shaun! I’d like to know if I removed the valve originally and it was set on 3 for example when I have placed the new head on set to 5 will my max only go to the temperature 3 in theory if that’s what it was when removed or does it reset when dialled back to 0?

No the head controls the temp so new one will not need resetting

Reply to Thermostatic Valve Head in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock