Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostatic Valve Head in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Following on from my previous I have now received my Bulldog Thermostatic Valve Head as pictured below and removed the previous ring however I am finding it hard to find the position for it to slot into place and turn the ring to fix into place - any advice for a extreme novice like me?

Attachments

• EFD9C9B2-3714-4FEA-91B2-62C04F2D4E20.jpeg
    EFD9C9B2-3714-4FEA-91B2-62C04F2D4E20.jpeg
    500.1 KB · Views: 8
Should just fit you might need to line it up with the internal hex eg turn it a bit left or right till it seats

Yes best to open it all the way eg highest setting

Yes best to open it all the way eg highest setting
I’ve managed to get it back on now Shaun! I’d like to know if I removed the valve originally and it was set on 3 for example when I have placed the new head on set to 5 will my max only go to the temperature 3 in theory if that’s what it was when removed or does it reset when dialled back to 0?

No the head controls the temp so new one will not need resetting

Reply to Thermostatic Valve Head in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one or setting 5 makes no difference - the radiator is blazing hot. For small bedrooms this is pain cos the room just heats up too much. we first...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic control. The hot was not getting hot enough recently so (under instructions from the manufacturer) I removed the allen key valves bottom left and right...
Replies
Views
V
Hi All, Hope all are doing great. I have replaced two separate tap of my bathtub by mixer tap with thermostat. Previous with two separate tabs, water pressure was strong, but after replacing it by mixer tab with thermostat, the water pressure has lost drastically (in tab as well as shower...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi I'm going to replace the 3 way vale on my open heating system. Hoping someone can advise. In the picture, to isolate the valve I am going to turn off 1, 2 & 3. However as you can see I can't turn anything off between the valve and the hot water tank. If I use a bung in the header tank, will...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was working fine for a coupe of months however now the valve has started misbehaving which is resulting in having to turn the temperature valve round further...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock