Discuss There's a rat in me kitchen... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

What am I gonna do?

Seriously, I just caught something moving out of the corner of my eye and it was what I thought was a large mouse scurrying away. Followed it into the kitchen and I think it went under the fridge. Shone a torch down the side and there's only one dropping but it look like rat poo, not mouse poo.

We've got one of those electronic / ultrasonic scarers permanently plugged in but it obviously isn't working!

Any tried & trusted tips for getting rid? I'd love a cat but the missus is allergic. Trap is going out tonight (only got one, will get more tomorrow)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be good for a start to know if it is a rat or a mouse.
Both like fridges to hide in behind - probably for heat, water and bits of food.
Put a bit of fried bacon or use tiny amount of peanut butter or Mars bar on trap if it is a mouse.
Set trap hair trigger and put the food end pointing towards and near tight to a wall. (Mice tend to go around edges of walls)
Maybe same with rats but use a rat trap or a rat cage trap.
Keep all food well locked away so to starve any rodents so the trap is more tempting.

Lost me completely there mate!

Perhaps if I finish the story? I blame rpm for pouring hobgoblin down my neck......

Years ago when I was working nights I walked into my kitchen, bent to get something out the cupboard and I heard this noise, looked up and came nose to nose with a rat in a cage.

Ben had brought the school rat home for the weekend.

I found myself singing that song too...

Perhaps if I finish the story? I blame rpm for pouring hobgoblin down my neck......

Now then Crops, what you choose to drink and how much of it you choose to consume is nothing to do with me. :54:

I am absolutely gutted that I missed this session I've only just seen in my private messages that croppie sent me his number. Sorry about that chaps that'll teach me to be non-observant. If you should make it back over again mate please let me know again because I'd very much like to catch up

i saw something move under the fridge about a year ago, heard the dog bowl tinging around midneigh each night also.
decided to switch kitchen light on turned around to find mouse in and out of dog bowl straight back under fridge!
we lost our cat about 3 years ago so its free game to them now!!
anyway, down to wilko's bought 3 pre baited traps and caught 4 in 2 days:) all gone now.
they were coming through conservatory door we leave open for the dog.
still have one in there but not been set off for a year or so.

we have another problem now, the dog brings squirrels in ffs!!!

I am absolutely gutted that I missed this session I've only just seen in my private messages that croppie sent me his number. Sorry about that chaps that'll teach me to be non-observant. If you should make it back over again mate please let me know again because I'd very much like to catch up

Keep that number as a bargaining chip!

Now then Crops, what you choose to drink and how much of it you choose to consume is nothing to do with me. :54:

You said "I'll get this."

I naturally assumed you'd be paying all night. My bad.....

What am I gonna do?

Seriously, I just caught something moving out of the corner of my eye and it was what I thought was a large mouse scurrying away. Followed it into the kitchen and I think it went under the fridge. Shone a torch down the side and there's only one dropping but it look like rat poo, not mouse poo.

We've got one of those electronic / ultrasonic scarers permanently plugged in but it obviously isn't working!

Any tried & trusted tips for getting rid? I'd love a cat but the missus is allergic. Trap is going out tonight (only got one, will get more tomorrow)...

Jack Russell,no rats or mice ever again,or go for for the terminator version,Parsons jack russel,no other furry things left alive ,or other dogs or cats

What am I gonna do?

if your Missus is allergic to cats, I bet she will be more allergic to rats :)

you can borrow my moggie, she brings the bleeding things in and lets them go, so then the golden retreiver chases them all over the place, but its the old black labbie who just snaps them up and spits them out... Horrible squeaky things rats, especially when they are being chased n caught. Luckily to date, my missus has never been around when this has happened, or I would have to carry out cpr on her.. or not..

Luckily to date, my missus has never been around when this has happened, or I would have to carry out cpr on her.. or not..

That's a dilemma in itself, Lame.

I'm not sure whether my wife would go to the point of performing CPR on me!

She would have to ponder, while I'm dying, whether the Life Insurance Policy(s) she has out on me, are more beneficial to her and the kids than to keep me hanging around.

If I was her, I know what I would do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to There's a rat in me kitchen... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

U
I hope someone here might be able to shed some light on a very strange issue I have at my flat.... 3 weeks ago my kitchen sinked got blocked, I...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
I hope someone here might be able to shed some light on a very strange issue I have at my flat.... 3 weeks ago my kitchen sinked got blocked, I...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
L
just asked the son who is residing en famille with his wife and daughter rent free to put the dogs out for a pee, how hard is it to do that ffs...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
T
I know this must get asked a lot of times but still, everyone's needs are different so I would be grateful for any advice. I live in a smallish 3...
Replies
Views
Truman
T
B
The doctor comes in and says 'Ah, I see you've regained consciousness. Now you probably won't remember, but I'm afraid you were in a pile-up on...
Replies
Views
Paulplumb
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock