Search the forum,

Discuss Taps for 54mm worktops in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Simon74000

Morning all, I'm struggling to find a pair of pillar taps which will be long enough to fit through a 54mm worktop. All of the ones I have looked at are the standard 50mm thread which is uselss. I can't even recess the tap holes in the worktop due to access restrictions. HELP !!!!!

you could use conex running nipple and socket or if you are lucky extention piece with long thread hard to find but are made hope this helps

Am i being a bit nieve here? The taps we fit look a bit like this

http://www.*********.com/bath_hole/6.jpg

http://www.*********.com/bath_hole/5.jpg

And you get a collar and some brass nuts to tighten up. Its the length of the spinals that are critical.

http://www.*********.com/bath_hole/4.jpg

Then its simply a case of getting longer spindles if you need them.

We do a lot of work in this area supplying diamond core drills to grind holes out in granite for taps.

http://www.*********.com/google/35mm.jpg

Example of a core set for drilling a 35mm hole (monoblock) into a granite worktop to fit a tap.

365 that is a mixer not a pillar tap
you may have to cut the treaded part of the tap short and use a socket and some nippling to allow you to fix the tap and connect provided the holes will allow the socket to sit below the tap in the worktop last time i needed nippling i had a lot of trouble getting it and wound up cutting some taps up
youll have to measure to get the socket just above where the back nut comes and leave enough to connect to
hope this makes some sense
brass sockets are thinner than galvanised ones

Last edited:
thanks Steve, it is a bit of a nightmare scenario. Its a commercial restaurant with a hand wash basin dropped in to a 54mm worktop. I had thought of your idea of doubling up on the tap thread but images of a loose connection causing a leak in this bar frightened me !! I might just get some 1/2" pipoe and braze it in to the end of the tap and then braze on another thread. This is what happens when an architect with no knowledge of commercial kitchens gets involved with a project because he's the cheapest. Thanks for your help Steve

365, thanks for that but as Steve quite rightly points out, it is a pillar tap. I just wish the numpties on this site would have opted for a monobloc like the one in your picture but alas, they didn't. Thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Taps for 54mm worktops in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock