Discuss Tap spanner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

copperhead

Hi all is there a tap spanner for undooing the nuts of small wash room cornner basins.
Ive tride donky jaw ones and the longe handled ajustable ones and there both to big. :confused:

Hi wich pipe work do you mean as one end is soldered and the other has the afending nuts.:confused:

thought you ment tap backing nuts,if you are talking about tap connector nuts,a normal monument tap spanner should loosen these

Hi do the monument ones have a gap in to fit over the 15mm pipe work and on to the nut? The ones ive got are the long cromed handle ones with the ajustible head and jaw type.
The heads on thease are both two big to get in and turn the nuts.

Just googeld the jaw droopers they look the biz will they fit inside even the smallest of basins. also had a look at some crows feet and think even with the back ground off they would be to big.

Hi all is there a tap spanner for undooing the nuts of small wash room cornner basins.
Ive tride donky jaw ones and the longe handled ajustable ones and there both to big. :confused:
box spanner and a monument basin spanner has never failed to get the taps out

But you can't use a box spanner with the pipe in place!

Perfect place to use a push fit system. You can screw a Hep20 tap connector on really tight by hand without a wrench.

Last edited:
But you can't use a box spanner with the pipe in place!

Perfect place to use a push fit system. You can screw a Hep20 tap connector on really tight by hand without a wrench.
how often do you need to tighten a back nut where your not dissconecting the pipe ?just to finish this thread of on a sour note i bought a new monument basin spanner last week first time i used it i dropped the head thru a gap in the boards under the bath and lost it

how often do you need to tighten a back nut where your not dissconecting the pipe

Whenever a DIYer hasn't tightened it up enough and it needs a bit extra.

monument duck[or crow]foot all you need un does swivells and back nuts but i get the duckfoot in on the swivels and the box spanner on the back nuts works every time

Steveplumber you must have been incredibly unlucky for a spaner to fall right through a gap in the floor boards, whats the chance of that hapening? Either that or the gaps where very large!!!

steveplumber you must have been incredibly unlucky for a spaner to fall right through a gap in the floor boards, whats the chance of that hapening? Either that or the gaps where very large!!!
not the spanner just the jaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tap spanner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We are experiencing some problems with both our Showers in our home. We have two Showers - in the upstairs bathroom & in a wet room...
Replies
Views
My wife was having a shower, the kids were in the bath and decided to run the tap and I think the washing machine and dishwasher were both on...
Replies
Views
About a year ago I had a a big renovation done (using professionals) and this included new central heating, plumbing and bathroom. 2 jobs I had...
Replies
Views
D
Decided to change bath taps (Trade taps) for Bristan shower mixer and basin taps (trade taps) for Bristan Quest ceramic taps. Apart from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock