Discuss T4TS Course..If your on it get in touch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

whitenoise

Hi Everyone IM Whitenoise!

Im on the T4TS course.

I started a few months ago and now I've managed to get to Mod 10, I'm really enjoying the course struggling a tiny bit with all the reading lol I'm sure I recall the salesman telling me its reading as well as hands on! but so far no hands on just computer based scenarios which aint too bad but having a go at the real thing would be more ideal but Hey ho slowly slowly catchie monkey, I'll just follow how the coutrse is laid out and see if it works, Obvioulsy I'm really hoping to pass the course in time, I'm taking my time but I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on very soon I keep wanting to pop to B&Q to get some pipes and play around, I was hoping to meet anyone else who is also on the course! see how your getting on and maybe just have a general chat about the grand world of plumbing lolol.

If you read this but dont get in touch hope all goes well and you pass your course are successful.

Regards

Whitenoise

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, good luck to everyone on the course.

I would like to hear about other people's experiences and what hurdles they come across once finished.

hi all doing thr T4TS coures

I started the coures about 2 months ago. just started to do the scenario 3, an a bit stuck on the soundness checks can anyone help

underneath the sinh near the hot and cold pipe for the washing machine. you pressure check.turn tap on,check again,turn off,check again. hope this helped

TO ALL ON THESE TYPE OF COURSES. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS COULD YOU READ A BOOK ABOUT HOW TO DRIVE A CAR AND ONCE READ GO OUT AND DRIVE.....ERR NO, SO WHY DO YOU THINK YOU CAN READ BOOKS THEN GO WORK AS A PLUMBER AND KNOW WHAT TO DO, TO A GOOD STANDARD AT MINIMUM. :confused::confused:

TO ALL ON THESE TYPE OF COURSES. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS COULD YOU READ A BOOK ABOUT HOW TO DRIVE A CAR AND ONCE READ GO OUT AND DRIVE.....ERR NO, SO WHY DO YOU THINK YOU CAN READ BOOKS THEN GO WORK AS A PLUMBER AND KNOW WHAT TO DO, TO A GOOD STANDARD AT MINIMUM. :confused::confused:

Of course you would't be able to jump into a car and drive after reading a book about how to drive, that is why you have to pass the practical first. Do you know that you can learn how to drive in a week if you go on a intensive course? Imagine that. We are also going to be checked on our standard along the way, I believe with good practice we can also become good plumbers. Don't knock people down because of the path they chose we are only taking advantage of this opportunity of remote training as some of us can't afford to go to college whilst olding a job to provide for the family.

I've started T4TS course C & G 6129 Level 2 & 3 7 months ago and I'm enjoying it. I know I can't just walk into a job once I finished, that is why I am now doin'g some voluntary work once a week with my local plumber. When I finish my course I'm looking to go down the sole trader route to start with. It's not going to be easy but I will give it a good go. GOOD LUCK EVERY ONE!

I've

I totally understand what your saying but i was going on a similar course to this one and it was costing the same as another course i seen that was all practical basically. plus this place guranteed a work placement in your local area. all im saying is to ppl thinking of joining these courses look around first. i did research for over a year before i selected a company called brookhouse training. look em up brookhousetraining.com but goodluck to anyone who chooses this type of learning i dont knock you at all but i just think theres better options if you just dont rush in.

underneath the sinh near the hot and cold pipe for the washing machine. you pressure check.turn tap on,check again,turn off,check again. hope this helped
Hi mate I've competed that module already but aint checked it out for eeeges..yea its a bit trikky but you have to do a hot soundness and cold checks, and don't forget to plug unplug the hot secondary vents as this was where I found to have got stukk!!T4Ts I think's all good. Ok gonna run thre CD again and see how I do in that module as I can remember you need to complete the module before you can get another code to move on.. llol:D

I'm on it doing mod 5 at the moment and doing some research on the net, some of what's in the book seems a bit scarce of info so encourages me to look a bit deaper, but had some computer problems.

At the time there seemed to be no other way for me to get in and research turned up no leads, but thinking about it this is probably the best way for me to learn the theory rather than turn up at the training centre and not know one end of a pipe bender than another, lol.

Seriously though, it's good for the theory in my opinion, the trouble and the hard work begins getting some proper work in later, but just have to wait and see how it goes.

Hey just about to finnish the first book mod 4. was wondering at the end of the course what are we actually going to be qualified to do?
apperantly the domestic plumber course gives you all the tech certs but does NOT certify you to NVQ level 2 C&G 6089. to get to this level you need to be certified while working on jobs under the supervision of a qualified plumber. so according to some people ive spoke to this is not a qualified plumber.
train 4 trades are not very clear about this and its hard to get that info from them. they try and sell you another course after the basic plumbing one so that you can be qualified to level 2 NVQ, which seems to be another £1500.
anybody know for sure what the situation is with this, as its causing me a bit of stress?

Does nobody signing up for these courses ever bother to find out or research exactly what you are getting for your money before parting with it?

tamz, ive pointed this out before and got called 'negative'!! apparently its negative to say your only getting a tech cert and this isnt industry recognised. only for the to part with their money and then near the end say, hey im only getting a tech cert, i thought id be a plumber for £5k the salesman err i mean advisor told me

We'll wait for the daytime telly ads in a year or two

Have you had a plumbing course in the last xx years? Call dodgy lawyers today on 08xxxxxxx for an immediate consultation:):):)

Hey hows it going .... how far vare we ??? Get in touch ok or drop me a line..

Sorry stevo musta filled wrong header in, still got to use the site properly ..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to T4TS Course..If your on it get in touch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Replies
Views
danwill
D
A
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
A
Replies
Views
gorbsteruk
G
J
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
A
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock