Discuss I need a career change - Help !!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adders81

Hi there

New to the forum and new to the world of plumbing :D

Im 29 and for the last 10 years have been commuting to Oxford from Birmingham to the BMW plant to build the MINI.

Moved in with my partner at the start of year and after much debating and sleepless nights I put in for my redundancy last week , got accepted and will be finishing with BMW on the 15 dec.

Without given exact amount Ive been given a decent payout and with it I would like to completely change my career .

Plumbing for some time now has caught my eye and have read into the various courses on offer (New Career SKills ,Train For trade etc etc ) and also had a look into the various college courses (only one collge near me doing it ).

Basically im at a crossroads now with how and where I go and I really want to go with a career in plumbing whether it be within a company or at some point out on my own .

My brother left Bmw a few years ago and has turned himself around (with the hard work and tears along the way )and I guess I use his story as a way of turning my life around .

Im basically looking for advice on where I start and where I go . Im 29 with three kids and a partner so do I go with a fast track course and learn my skills along the way with my brother and his network of work mates or do i go the college route and take a longer aproach to it .

I dont know how to fix a broken toilet or a leaky tap but i do know that you have to work bloody hard in this and other domestic industrys to get where you want to go and after 10 years of putting up with long shifts and long travelling times to Oxford and back I think im totally comitted to doing this for myself and my family

Anyway ILL shut up now and hopefully hear from some of you out there

thanks

neal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I need a career change - Help !!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back