Search the forum,

Discuss T&P valve leaking? Santon Premier Plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ccwh70

I noticed a dripping sound about an hour ago. I went to investigate and noticed water dripping out of a pipe attached to the T&P valve into what looks like and overflow. Unfortunately the water has started running down the overflow pipe side maybe due to a blockage or maybe a untight connector. I guess I'll need to call a plumber tomorrow but I wondered if it was safe to have the heating on and leave the water heater off or if we have to leave it all off until it's checked?

Also, any ideas why it might be leaking? The house is 4 years old and the heating and water don't get heavy use.

Thanks

Hi, welcome along.
this is the unvented hot water cylinder, yes.

as you suspected, you need to call a plumber, but he has to be qualified to work on unvented cylinders!
you are best to not heat the cylinder any more as that will just add to the problem.

Yes I would defo leave the HW off, you should also have a ball valve or stop tap at your cylinder to turn off the water providing you can positively locate this , you are ok to turn the water off, you MUST turn the HW off at your programmer
HTG on ok, if you ring round in the morning , make sure you find somebody that has their g3 unvented qualification , you could also put a post on here looking for somebody , some great lads on here. Most of them are on all night lol .

Hi, welcome along.
this is the unvented hot water cylinder, yes.

as you suspected, you need to call a plumber, but he has to be qualified to work on unvented cylinders!
you are best to not heat the cylinder any more as that will just add to the problem.

Sound advice...make sure the plumber attending is G3 qualified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to T&P valve leaking? Santon Premier Plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi, I've got a brand new (2nd hand) Bosch Hydropower 16H tankless hot water heater. Since it was installed I have noticed it leaks a lot. I took the cover off and it looks like the bottom part (water section?) is leaking in a couple of places. maybe a seal or diaphragm? Can it be repaired or...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my 20-year-old unvented cylinder (an Ariston Classico HE STD 150) 5 days ago and I hadn't noticed that it was leaking. He fixed the leak today but now the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
B
Hi everyone, I have a Santon Premier Plus PP120E (unvented direct immersion heater) fitted with two thermostats, which provides hot water to taps and shower. The central heating runs from a separate system. On the PP120E: Bottom thermostat is set it to 4 out of 5 (approx. 60C), and connected...
Replies
Views
Bridog
B
The pipework around the hot water tank in the airing cupboard has developed several leaks after a chemical flush. It's an open vented system. Any ideas on controlling or fixing the leak? Should I turn off the red valve (pic 1) that has a leak next to it and rundown the hot water? Pic 2 a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock