Discuss syphonic toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry marc but i have to giggle
this is like watching a car crash in slow motion

atleast its only a toilet and not anything else :)

Like your perseverance with the issue. But as far as labour and materials go should have brought in a pro.

sorted dribble issue water level a mil to much for the new siphon.

still have issue of water riseing when flushed but water does do down better after the rise.

Back to the start again! Lol!
Forget about the small nut & washer - they are supplied with some new syphons incase for low level cisterns for connecting to a flush pipe.
If you have constant water dribbling into pan, you most likely haven't the syphon sealed properly into the cistern. Only other possibilities are water level too high for syphon or crack in syphon, but unlikely.

sorted dribble issue water level a mil to much for the new siphon.

still have issue of water riseing when flushed but water does do down better after the rise.

Water will rise a bit before going away on syhonic loos but if it goes too high then the bomb or/and
Donut washer are not sealing right.

taken it off and had a look this time took me 10 mins check me out lol!

reposited and cut steam a little and im confident as i can be it making good contact with bowl.
Cant see the big dounut washer being the problem its not budging off the big plastic nut.

Think next step id ordering a new bomb.

Best. you said you've done lots of these? Is the riseing water problem usualy down to faulty bomb? there'S a lot of cracks and splits on the plastic i have sealed them but still its not ideal and the rubber does not look the best to be fair.

Yea, usually the bomb washer is rotted or missing. You can buy washers that might do, but the stems can have different diameters, so probably better to fit a complete new bomb.
I have worked & used to fit siphonic loos the odd time & I always take a look at the loo before I think of starting to work at it to see if it is double siphonic type. A high up internal bowl or a larger than normal back of pan, sometimes with the shape of a double trap will indicate it's a siphonic loo.

1396540325029.jpg

Is that how it fits on? Or should the top open bit be inside siphon? Because that's how far it will go up and also as it is there in picture there is no way the bowl will sit on toilet it's well off even if I was to cut stem.

Hate those syhonic bogs... I'm glad the customer is doing this DIY because if a plumber had to take it apart, order bits & make multiple trips back to the property the bill would be big & the plumber accused of being a rip off!

In the rare chance I see one I will stay well away lol

No not at all and I was so exited when I got the part delivered. As in the photo that's how far it will go and absolutely no way will it go further :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to syphonic toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back