Search the forum,

Discuss syphonic toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
taken it off and had a look this time took me 10 mins check me out lol!

reposited and cut steam a little and im confident as i can be it making good contact with bowl.
Cant see the big dounut washer being the problem its not budging off the big plastic nut.

Think next step id ordering a new bomb.

Best. you said you've done lots of these? Is the riseing water problem usualy down to faulty bomb? there'S a lot of cracks and splits on the plastic i have sealed them but still its not ideal and the rubber does not look the best to be fair.

Yea, usually the bomb washer is rotted or missing. You can buy washers that might do, but the stems can have different diameters, so probably better to fit a complete new bomb.
I have worked & used to fit siphonic loos the odd time & I always take a look at the loo before I think of starting to work at it to see if it is double siphonic type. A high up internal bowl or a larger than normal back of pan, sometimes with the shape of a double trap will indicate it's a siphonic loo.

1396540325029.jpg

Is that how it fits on? Or should the top open bit be inside siphon? Because that's how far it will go up and also as it is there in picture there is no way the bowl will sit on toilet it's well off even if I was to cut stem.

Hate those syhonic bogs... I'm glad the customer is doing this DIY because if a plumber had to take it apart, order bits & make multiple trips back to the property the bill would be big & the plumber accused of being a rip off!

In the rare chance I see one I will stay well away lol

No not at all and I was so exited when I got the part delivered. As in the photo that's how far it will go and absolutely no way will it go further :(

is the siphon Dudley.
no i got a cheap one in B and Q if you recall i asked earlyer in thread if these bombs would fit in any siphons? well guess i just found the answer :( unless theres a way to ram this thing up the one ive bought?

I remember and i said i wasn't sure, guess that's both of us learn t something :yesnod:

and needs to go inside the siphon

Or be a type that screws onto the syphon.
I thought he was getting a bomb that matched his new syphon. Think any old bomb would have done as long as it was not too long or short & obviously fits the syphon.

The bomb needs to be suitable for the bowl.
Did you see the photo i put up best?

The rubber is same size as my old one.

I Take it the open bit on top/side of bomb should be slid inside of siphon?

so it should just slide up easy'ly?

also are bottoms of siphons not standard size? as if there any bigger? yes bomb will fit up it but then wont it be to big to go through bottom of bowl?

the spike bit of the siphon should go in the hole of the bowl and yes if the bombs internal it should slide in and looks like the dudley ones that take bombs must be a tad bigger internally.

Last edited by a moderator:
does say on the page i bought it that they fit dudley turbo siphon i was just gambling at them all being standard side so guess thats my next move.
grr what a pain in the butt

Also, if there are others following this thread, the Dudley bombs don't fit in the adjustable Turbo syphons, only the set height versions. Don't ask me why, spent ages and snapped 2 trying to get it to fit before someone told me!!

Also, if there are others following this thread, the Dudley bombs don't fit in the adjustable Turbo syphons, only the set height versions. Don't ask me why, spent ages and snapped 2 trying to get it to fit before someone told me!!

So does it fit any every other kind of dudley siphons or a certain one?
ie - turbo 88 ect?

one last question for advive when they say size as in 7" 8" or 9" does it matter which one i get? if i can find one local tomorrow i will be getting one and hopfully put a end to this hell or please just flush me away!

measure the size of the old one and buy a fixed version of that ie 8 inch, 9inch. you need to get the right size as well because siphonic bogs need a determined amount of water and flush to work.. hope that helps..

Last edited by a moderator:
6 days 57 posts and still a toilet that needs attention.
Your point is?
ONE im not a plumber just a simple security engineer.
Two if the toilet was not syphonic it would have been sorted at first atempt but like many people i will learn from this and the mistakes.
Three if just one person googles info and comes across this thread and does not have go through what i have to solve this then ill be happy
Four lastly ied like to thank you for your very value'd helpfull input to this thread! :)

Have a giggle marc, look at it from our point of view, it is funny :)
you're getting more help here than you will anywhere else!

just means we will gently prod fun at you.

keep at it, most people would have ripped it out and thrown the toilet at the neighbors cat by now!

It just seems nasty when some things are said in print! Always hard to judge the tone of a printed comment! :smile: He is correct though, - easy job to a plumber.
Everyone has been helpful & sympathetic I think.
Get a syphon of correct height & take any old parts with you & the new bomb to compare.

I still stand by mine and Kevs opinion from a few days ago.
Rip the bleeder out and stick a ÂŁ50 B+Poo special in there. The one I fitted from B+Poo on Monday actually had fluidmaster flush and fill valves in it, I was most impressed ;)

I still stand by mine and Kevs opinion from a few days ago.
Rip the bleeder out and stick a ÂŁ50 B+Poo special in there. The one I fitted from B+Poo on Monday actually had fluidmaster flush and fill valves in it, I was most impressed ;)

Nothing to beat a siphonic toilet, though! Ordinary loos are just so common! :smile:
I like that the bowl base is so high & the pan has large base & the works are so simple & reliable & easily repairable. My own is almost 40 year old (Armitage) & only has had a new washer on the bomb & the pan - cistern domed washer renewed very recently by myself.

Last edited:
Your point is?
ONE im not a plumber just a simple security engineer.
Two if the toilet was not syphonic it would have been sorted at first atempt but like many people i will learn from this and the mistakes.
Three if just one person googles info and comes across this thread and does not have go through what i have to solve this then ill be happy
Four lastly ied like to thank you for your very value'd helpfull input to this thread! :)

Point is 7 days and 68 posts.

Engineer, say no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to syphonic toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the depth of my cupboard is larger than this. The issue, however, is that the waste pipe which leads from the sink (next door cupboard) comes out quite a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock