Discuss syphonic toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
so 100% a standard syphon will fit??
eg like the following model from b and q one ?Delchem 8In Dual Flush Siphon, 5397007127676

Probably will do. Only issue is the height of syphon as putting too low a syphon in will mean you will have less max water in cistern & also if it still has an ordinary ball valve then the valve arm can catch on the top edge of a too low syphon.
The bomb part just screws on to ordinary syphons, so no worry there. Just try & get proper bomb for toilet.

looks like ill have to get another bomb then as i did not see any screws on the old one.

ive not got a ball valve to more so that should be ok i guess.

problem i have is im unsure on how to fit a bomb as i never took notice when i ripped it out as i thought the flapper system i was putting in would work then i found out i had a syphonic toilet :(

The bomb normally is threaded in it's upper part & just turns (screws) onto the threaded bottom of syphon. If your bomb is not too weak at it's slight crack, it might do again but it's a pain to remove cistern if it breaks.

bomb.jpg also this is the old one but i dont see no thread on the bomb bit?
p.s thanks for pointing out rubber was upside down lol i most prob would have put it back in this way too ha

Yours must be just a push in bomb, but either type does.

Last edited:
Yours must be just a push in bomb, but either type does.
yeah must be ill post a photo in a min and how i think its put together. then b and q tomorrow for a syphon :) i might just try the old bomb with the crack on plastic first and fingers crossed it works

im guessing thats how it fits on and i just fit on toilet or should i push rubber right up into tube

Only push the rubber washer onto the end of stem & ease the cistern carefully down onto pan & the washer will push up the stem itself & make contact to it's proper place inside the pan. Don't put the cistern at any stage off level any direction!
You could try a glue for hard plastics on the bomb, but it's your decision. It won't get any stresses after you manage to fit the cistern.

Last edited:
One last quick question before I attempt this. Should I use the big rubber donut washer that comes with the new siphon or shall I reuse the old one ? I ask because they look different and maybe the one that comes with new siphon may restrict the bomb? Or is this not the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
One last quick question before I attempt this. Should I use the big rubber donut washer that comes with the new siphon or shall I reuse the old one ? I ask because they look different and maybe the one that comes with new siphon may restrict the bomb? Or is this not the case.

Usually the large donut washer is either rotted or moulded into the shape it got compressed into.
Critical that it seals for siphonic loos, but replace with proper size.
I do use the old washer sometimes tbh, but only if they are like new & I mark the front of them so to fit them in same position. Up to yourself, but you really only want to fix & refit the cistern once.

right then got my new siphon and ive seeled the the bomb where there crack was so here goes nothing

Well its fitted!
Couple of problems though when i flush the water is still rising up in the pan and also there is a dribble doWn the pan after flush then after about 5 mins it turns into a slight dribble and bowl has to do a squirt of water now and again to keep up water level :(

Im thinking i need to maybe order that new bomb?
also what would cause the constant dribble?

Also in the siphon kit there was a coupling nut and washer that screws on end of threaded part which i have not put on because ive put a siphon bomb on. should i still have put this nut on?? i cant see what help it would do and cant recall seeing one when i took old one off but i cant be 100 sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to syphonic toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back