Discuss Strap on boss for 80mm downpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sheff paul

Don't do a great deal of plastics but struggling to find a strap on boss for a 80mm down pipe do they do em?

Is this the same thing in thinking of? Ribbed shank and all? Thought Williams did plumbing parts?

a downpipe is a rwp in my plumbing speak be it 68,82 or 110. I need a new dictionary :)

pointless tho as you need an air break between the two so its best to use a branch and bend.

Seen plenty go straight into downpipe with a blob of silicon.
Whats the air break for, incase the downpipe gets blocked? Most boilers have a condense trap so no smells.

yeah, if drain/rwp blocks with leaves like most have today with this wind. sometimes a hopper is best if room.

So if you were to use a downpipe for a condense you'd use downpipe branch and?

A bend then drop your 1/14" or 1 1/2" into it to create an air break.
If you don't have a break and the conductor chokes the boiler will fill with rainwater.

Like this
Untitled0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strap on boss for 80mm downpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to put micro guttering on my shed but then down into a butt with normal size downpipe, how can I do it. The water butt already has hole in...
Replies
Views
R
Do I arrange new pipework to be fitted (downpipes and sink and washing machine waste pipes) before or after new render is applied?
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm reworking our ensuite which is next door to the main bathroom. I want to connect the new toilet into the existing soil pipe which runs...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
G
Morning everyone. Got an issue with an internal soil stack boss strap failure. The boss strap had been sealed originally with silicon which has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock