Search the forum,

Discuss Strap on boss for 80mm downpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sheff paul

Don't do a great deal of plastics but struggling to find a strap on boss for a 80mm down pipe do they do em?

Is this the same thing in thinking of? Ribbed shank and all? Thought Williams did plumbing parts?

a downpipe is a rwp in my plumbing speak be it 68,82 or 110. I need a new dictionary :)

pointless tho as you need an air break between the two so its best to use a branch and bend.

Seen plenty go straight into downpipe with a blob of silicon.
Whats the air break for, incase the downpipe gets blocked? Most boilers have a condense trap so no smells.

yeah, if drain/rwp blocks with leaves like most have today with this wind. sometimes a hopper is best if room.

So if you were to use a downpipe for a condense you'd use downpipe branch and?

A bend then drop your 1/14" or 1 1/2" into it to create an air break.
If you don't have a break and the conductor chokes the boiler will fill with rainwater.

Like this
Untitled0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strap on boss for 80mm downpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock