Search the forum,

Discuss Sobering News from Northern Ireland. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dotty

BBC News - Carbon monoxide suspected as two teenagers found dead

"Two 18-year-olds have died following a suspected carbon monoxide leak in Castlerock, County Londonderry."

There's still no news over here yet as to how or why there was a CO leak.

There is still very much a farmers attitude to gas over here. It's changing, just not fast enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
We saw this go by on the news in England.

Its always bad when this happens and a long time until the
enquiry - if there are any updates in Ulster could you post them here
as its gone off the news here ?.

Any info that helps us all to fit, maintain and learn from any mistakes or accidents is a good thing.

centralheatking

Sad News but as always not good to speculate until the facts are known :(

imho

I'm from south london originally but been living in portadown for 5 years now. What about yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sobering News from Northern Ireland. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Two women found dead at Glasgow flat in suspected gas poisoning - BBC News The full story is yet to come out. However these poor women died from carbon monoxide poisoning which can only be caused by an appliance burning a carbon based fuel. This is why we on this forum take the position we do...
Replies
Views
BBC News - Londonderry plumber for trial over gas leak deaths
Replies
Views
J
I say 'engineers' but is that actually true in the strictest sense of the word? I guess that depends on how you interpret the work of a Plumber but it's by the by. I'll put a disclaimer in here so as to not confuse some. I am not attempting a repair of my own, I am not a DiY enthusiast where...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
A
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) today announced Capita as its preferred bidder to provide a new gas installer registration scheme. The new scheme starts on April 1, 2009 and will replace the existing scheme operated by CORGI. Having rejected CORGI's bid in favour of Capita's, the HSE...
Replies
Views
Aqua Mechanica
A
M
This is driving me, and British Gas, crazy!! I have a vented system with two hot water cylinders in the loft. A cold water storage tank sits above each one - they have a connecting pipe to ensure the water is level. Each CWST feeds a HWC, and also feeds the power shower. All other taps in the...
Replies
Views
MarkH
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock