Search the forum,

Discuss So who's NOT having turkey on their table this year? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dotty

We're not. Neither of us is a great lover of turkey. To be honest if anyone was they'd have it more than once a year!

We're having a roast pork fillet.

The kitchen already smells slightly piggy because I got a couple of square feet of pig skin free from my local butcher and I'm currently making pork scratchings to eat in front of the fire later.

we are having something else. Can't remember what she said it was? But it's some kinda bird

Big chicken and a nice piece of pork. One of my mates is coming for dinner and he's bringing a four birds in one roast.

Roast rib of beef with a 3 mustard crust :clap:, I cant remember the last time I had turkey and enjoyed it.

Haven't had turkey at christmas since leaving home. Always beef in our house.

And we never go visiting or invite visitors on Christmas day. Christmas Eve and Boxing day is either open house or visiting rellies, but Christmas day itself is sacrosanct.

Massive beef joint and a small turkey crown for us. Not a fan of Turkey at all

No turkey here, not a fan of it to be honest. Over-priced, over-rated & fecking ugly!

When you think of it in terms of a euphemism, at least everybody has either sh@gged a 'pig' ugly woman or a hot 'chick'. I've never heard of anyone sh@gging an average 'turkey'?!?!

NOTE TO SELF; need more drink!

I used to hate Xmas. Before we had kids. 300 mile trip, 2 meaty Xmas dinners and a veggie one . Now we stay up Norf and have a very nice relaxed day with NO driving sround. Veggie dinner is nice change. I prefer venison, rare beef , ham and even nut roast to turkey

Was going to have goose until the mother-in-law decided she'd be giving us turkey crown. I really wanted to cook our dinner this year as it's the missus' first Christmas off in 8 years but didn't want to hurt her mother's feelings. She's a head chef so I'm expecting it to be good.

God I hate turkey.

Was going to have goose until the mother-in-law decided she'd be giving us turkey crown. I really wanted to cook our dinner this year as it's the missus' first Christmas off in 8 years but didn't want to hurt her mother's feelings. She's a head chef so I'm expecting it to be good.

God I hate turkey.

i feel your pain mate. Over to my mrs family Xmas day. She cooks everything for a week so that it all tastes like boiled cabbage.

i feel your pain mate. Over to my mrs family Xmas day. She cooks everything for a week so that it all tastes like boiled cabbage.

Luckily we're staying in our own house for it, the m-i-l is cooking it at work then dropping ours off around 3pm. I'll make us a kick-bum fry up in the morning though. Proper sausages and bacon direct from my mate at the abattoir.

Is that where she learned her famous culinary skills?

Told you, send her over to me, I'll sort her out.

Is that where she learned her famous culinary skills?

Told you, send her over to me, I'll sort her out.

I don't want you sorting out my mrs! All I want is for her to be able to make egg on toast without burning both.

image.jpg

rib of beef and venison here beef from the local butcher venison thanks to a landrover and a rifle :)

Picking up a goose tomorrow morning which imo is better than a turkey but i'd rather have had a T bone.
At least the roasters will be spot on :smile:

Picking up a goose tomorrow morning which imo is better than a turkey but i'd rather have had a T bone.
At least the roasters will be spot on :smile:

Never had goose. Must try it some time.

Ah roast spuds. I'm not sure its possible to get proper roasties without beef dripping?

Can you still get beef dripping Ray? Our local chippie used to cook everything in it. The chips were lovely but the old guy retired and it went downhill.
Goose fat makes excellent roasters too.

Goose fat makes excellent roasters too.

Have never tried goose fat for cooking. I thought you were supposed to rub it on your chest. Or is is someone else's chest? I forget.

Just as well you have your own goose Tamz.

Check out this disaster movie

Who knew? I have been making roasties wrong for 30+ years, and my mother and grandmother before me.

Have never tried goose fat for cooking. I thought you were supposed to rub it on your chest. Or is is someone else's chest? I forget.

It is a panacea ray.
They even rub it on horses legs stops em going lame or helps with sprains and swelling or something along those lines

P.s ray the rubbing on chest thing was for chest colds. It was rubbed in with brown paper.
As you rub it in goose fat actually produces heat by somehow drawing more blood to the area. This phenomenon is what heals sprains and stuff quicker. Like a natural deep heat spray.

We been Bulgarian don't have turkey for Christmas but fine pork neck steaks + some lovely vegetables that are been out in a jar and conserved back in the summer along with home baked bread and some other home cooked sweets :)
Merry Christmas and happy new year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to So who's NOT having turkey on their table this year? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock