Discuss So who's NOT having turkey on their table this year? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going to have goose until the mother-in-law decided she'd be giving us turkey crown. I really wanted to cook our dinner this year as it's the missus' first Christmas off in 8 years but didn't want to hurt her mother's feelings. She's a head chef so I'm expecting it to be good.

God I hate turkey.

Was going to have goose until the mother-in-law decided she'd be giving us turkey crown. I really wanted to cook our dinner this year as it's the missus' first Christmas off in 8 years but didn't want to hurt her mother's feelings. She's a head chef so I'm expecting it to be good.

God I hate turkey.

i feel your pain mate. Over to my mrs family Xmas day. She cooks everything for a week so that it all tastes like boiled cabbage.

i feel your pain mate. Over to my mrs family Xmas day. She cooks everything for a week so that it all tastes like boiled cabbage.

Luckily we're staying in our own house for it, the m-i-l is cooking it at work then dropping ours off around 3pm. I'll make us a kick-bum fry up in the morning though. Proper sausages and bacon direct from my mate at the abattoir.

Is that where she learned her famous culinary skills?

Told you, send her over to me, I'll sort her out.

Is that where she learned her famous culinary skills?

Told you, send her over to me, I'll sort her out.

I don't want you sorting out my mrs! All I want is for her to be able to make egg on toast without burning both.

image.jpg

rib of beef and venison here beef from the local butcher venison thanks to a landrover and a rifle :)

Picking up a goose tomorrow morning which imo is better than a turkey but i'd rather have had a T bone.
At least the roasters will be spot on :smile:

Picking up a goose tomorrow morning which imo is better than a turkey but i'd rather have had a T bone.
At least the roasters will be spot on :smile:

Never had goose. Must try it some time.

Ah roast spuds. I'm not sure its possible to get proper roasties without beef dripping?

Can you still get beef dripping Ray? Our local chippie used to cook everything in it. The chips were lovely but the old guy retired and it went downhill.
Goose fat makes excellent roasters too.

Goose fat makes excellent roasters too.

Have never tried goose fat for cooking. I thought you were supposed to rub it on your chest. Or is is someone else's chest? I forget.

Just as well you have your own goose Tamz.

Check out this disaster movie

Who knew? I have been making roasties wrong for 30+ years, and my mother and grandmother before me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to So who's NOT having turkey on their table this year? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back