Search the forum,

Discuss Simple contract in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumber.

Hi Everyone,

My client seems to be a bit fussy and I want to make sure I get paid the price we agreed. As I'm not getting paid upfront I would like have some sort of contract in place.

what other things should definitely be included in a simple contract;
- Names client, and contractor
- Date
- Price
- Description of work

Anything else?

Think you already have most if the basics of a contract in your post, but I would suggest you need to add - at what stages of the job you both agree you will receive stage payments & of their value.
Also, dates for beginning & completing the job (you may not want this!) & conditions that you may be delayed for something beyond your control, like severe weather for outdoor work for example.
Remember a contract can be verbal (although hard to prove without witnesses) or written in letter form - emails included!
Small claims court do not deal with contract issues.

Forgot to mention that you may want to have in the contract what materials you are suppling & what materials you are not!

Last edited:
Sorry to pee on your parade, but you need proper terms and conditions. There ain't no such thing as a "simple" contract these days.

If they are reasonably robust, they won't be much less than a very full A4 page of pretty small print.

These terms and conditions should refer to additional documents "the estimate", "the quotation", "the schedule of works", and "the payment schedule" which can be tailored for each specific job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Simple contract in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock