Discuss Simple contract in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumber.

Hi Everyone,

My client seems to be a bit fussy and I want to make sure I get paid the price we agreed. As I'm not getting paid upfront I would like have some sort of contract in place.

what other things should definitely be included in a simple contract;
- Names client, and contractor
- Date
- Price
- Description of work

Anything else?

Think you already have most if the basics of a contract in your post, but I would suggest you need to add - at what stages of the job you both agree you will receive stage payments & of their value.
Also, dates for beginning & completing the job (you may not want this!) & conditions that you may be delayed for something beyond your control, like severe weather for outdoor work for example.
Remember a contract can be verbal (although hard to prove without witnesses) or written in letter form - emails included!
Small claims court do not deal with contract issues.

Forgot to mention that you may want to have in the contract what materials you are suppling & what materials you are not!

Last edited:
Sorry to pee on your parade, but you need proper terms and conditions. There ain't no such thing as a "simple" contract these days.

If they are reasonably robust, they won't be much less than a very full A4 page of pretty small print.

These terms and conditions should refer to additional documents "the estimate", "the quotation", "the schedule of works", and "the payment schedule" which can be tailored for each specific job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Simple contract in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, So I did a job for a customer recently which involved swapping out an incredibly dangerous and poorly installed unvented hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hey Everyone, I'm Rich, one of the co-founders of Kanda, a quoting and invoicing tool that lets you offer finance, take card payments, and go...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
I have been plumbing for around 16 months ,but I think I’m having issues with the ”Ohhs and ahhs”. I have completed some jobs where the customer...
Replies
Views
Welder
W
Back