Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Shower Trouble (this should be easy to answer!) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

c00kyb0y

Hi board,

I'm currently using an electric shower - but the flow is useless.

So I've noticed that our bath taps has an outlet/adapter to screw a shower hose onto (we've only just moved in, last owner must have got rid of the hose). Anyway, it's about 26mm dia, and the shower hose we are using has standard ends on (about 1/2")... can anybody direct me in the way of a good website or anywhere that sells these ? I've had a little look but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

any plumbers merchant should have a hose, even B&Q. Could you not use your hore from your electric shower?

Also. replacing the hose and head on the old shower might work

The hose I have has 1/2" connectors at each end, I need a hose which will connect to the adapter/outlet on my taps which is about 26mm DIA.

yeah plumbers merchant should sort you out.

how is the pressure at your bath? i would never recommend having a shower coming from bath taps due to pressures being different between hot and cold systems. i sometimes find that in electrics showers have poor flow due to the hose or the head being blocked. try taking off the head and turning it on and see if the pressure gets any better.

Just tried the electric shower without the shower head, the hose is brand new so I know thats ok, the water was fine cold - soon as I turned the heat switch round to warmer water the pressure just dropped to a very poor flow.

that means the shower is finished. get a new one, or if you want to get one for the taps plumbers merchants and possibly even B&Q will have a slightly larger hose or even an adaptor/reducer fitting so you can use the hose. good luck

Hi board,

I'm currently using an electric shower - but the flow is useless.

So I've noticed that our bath taps has an outlet/adapter to screw a shower hose onto (we've only just moved in, last owner must have got rid of the hose). Anyway, it's about 26mm dia, and the shower hose we are using has standard ends on (about 1/2")... can anybody direct me in the way of a good website or anywhere that sells these ? I've had a little look but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
you will not find a hose to fit this, part of the tap is missing there should be a cradle on top to hold the shower which has the 1/2 inch connector on it for the hose

you should maintain it everyday.If you would not like,change one,buy a new [DLMURL="http://www.showerroom-bathroom.com/shower-room-c1.html"]shower room[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower Trouble (this should be easy to answer!) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock