Discuss Shortest concealed cistern available? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I am having a wall hung toilet installed in an upstairs bathroom. The toilet will be built into a wall which will be 780mm tall. There will be a 10mm thick piece of wood stuck on top to give a total height of 790mm. This built out wall will protrude 220mm from a brick party wall.

I have found the below wall hung frame which has the following dimensions, 385w x 140d x 325-525h. I would place this cistern on the frame.

Capture.JPG

If I take the shortest height adjustment of 325mm for the frame and add it to the total height of the concealed cistern including the flush pipe @ 430mm I would get a total combined height of 755mm?

Are those calculations correct?

I also want to know where I can find a suitable low cistern compatible wall hung toilet to allow for the small height not giving enough force for the water to flush the toilet properly.

Untitled-3.png

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/fluid...tr/30168#product_additional_details_container

Esteem bathrooms bud 795mm is minimum height no access needed from the top all maintenance and water isolation is through the flush plate. Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210311-213916.png
    Screenshot_20210311-213916.png
    433.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20210311-213939.png
    Screenshot_20210311-213939.png
    585.7 KB · Views: 20
Ok so 795 minimum height. So if you add a 20mm shelf on top that gives 815mm height?

I require the shelf for aesthetic reasons. The highest I would be willing to go to is 800mm so it's still 15mm too tall.

What if I cut 25 mm out of around 8 of the floor beams and placed a 5mm thick steel bar across to attach the legs of the frame to? This would allow me to lower the frame 20mm.

Last edited:
I think I may have solved it. Please can this be confirmed to be correct.

If I buy this frame along with this cistern I will get a floor to top height of 770mm. The frame height is 360 to the centre of the flush pipe. If I include the cistern with a height of 290 plus the 120mm flush pipe height to give me 770. Are my figures correct, or should I be allowing for a higher flush pipe?

L-2018-4-23--10-11-13-106.jpg

31FVRsPHNXL._AC_.jpg

Last edited:
Your choice mate I like to keep it higher so the toilet pan can be fitted at comfort height which is 480 mm to the top with the seat on 500mm, just be aware of that also. Kop

800 furniture frames are the lowest you can get. Even with a separate cistern you will still find that you can’t go lower.
if you do, you will only be lowering the toilet pan, which won’t work.
the only other solution if you can’t increase height is to locate the cistern elsewhere and pipe the flush pipe to the wc.

Reply to Shortest concealed cistern available? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hello, we were misadvised on how much a Lusso Stone cistern could be cut down (by both the architects and Lusso). The bathroom has been plumbed /...
Replies
Views
Hello all, This is a follow-up to this post: Fit wall-hung toilet to inside stud wall? -...
Replies
Views
Hello, Getting some work done in my downstairs WC and my installer and given me a list of products to buy with some recommendations. We are...
Replies
Views
I was wondering if anyone would know if this Tavistock wall hung pan would be compatible with this Geberit concealed cistern . I know they are...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I was just posting on here to see if anyone has had anything similar or can point me in right direction… I have a Geberit concealed tank...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock