Search the forum,

Discuss replacing soil stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave Walker

Hi all i am about to replace a old cast iron soil stack and was wondering what is the best way to connect it to the clay underground pipe 2012-05-13-100.jpg

thanks would you just cut the cast off at the clay or try and remove it altogether

the chances of getting the cast out of the fireclay without breaking the fireclay are slim, so have 2 options ready, one being in the post above if it comes out ok, and also have something to go from fireclay pipe to cast iron, ie timesaver etc which bolts to each pipe, you will need to cut the fireclay under the brocken socket, another way which will get me pelters but will work if you break the fireclay faucet is to fit a multikwik pan connector into the fireclay pipe then fit the cast into the other end, as long as its being covered it will work perfectly but it doesnt look brilliant

:)

cut ,remove old stuck ! clean old cement joint and inure no debris go down ! insert new 4" plastic and re apply cement ! no need of any fittings

I'm with sgi for a second time today

Cement out.
Pipe in
Recement

Robs your mothers brother

Don't do football sorry

thanks guys i do like the idea of the 110 - 160 reducer as this will move the new soil away from the wall so i can fit some clips as i tend to find them handy

No its a simple salt glazed to pvc collar adaptor you want. if you break the salt glazed getting the cement out the collar joint, cut back salt glaze and get an external slat glaze to pvc adaptor. Most builders merchants have loads of them.

To remake joint after clearing out old cast iron. A twist of gaskin not tarred gaskin and then opc and washed sand, form a slope around adaptor for any rain water to run off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to replacing soil stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock