Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator valve identification in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bobofbristol

Hi All

I need to replace these 1960's rad valves and I'm not sure of the thread sizes.
The 'vertical' thread is for a 22mm or 3/4in pipe connection but the 'horizontal' thread has a diameter of 31.5mm and the nut is 37mm across the flats.
Are replacements for these valves available. I'm not too fussy about the style of the valve, old or modern but preferably chrome.

Many thanks

Bob

Attachments

• BATHROOM RAD 001.jpg
    BATHROOM RAD 001.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 16
  • BATHROOM RAD 002.jpg
    BATHROOM RAD 002.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 15
Or you could just buy two of 3/4" x 1/2" bushings and use 15mm radiator valves of your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator valve identification in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Replacing a rusty radiator (installed 2000) the brass head of the Danfoss lockshield sheared off as it reached fully closed. I assumed that it was a 10mm with a 1/2" BSP connection to radiator. Offering up the nut (18.6mm across the flats) on the old 10mm insulated microbore it was found to have...
Replies
Views
I've search on the internet for many hours but cannot find the solution I need. I have got a very old radiator in my house that fell off the wall. I have managed to take it off completely but the valve that connects to the copper pipe is damaged and needs replacing. It is an old style on and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi guys, I'm sure this isn't unsual to you, but as 90% of the radiators in my home have 15mm valve fittings on both sides (flow and return) it is a little confusing for me. Around 15 years ago a couple of radiators were installed in a loft extension and I'm currently trying to unblock the pipes...
Replies
Views
As part of a loft extension 16 years ago a couple of 600mm high x 700mm wide radiators were installed. As a result of poor flow rates in the loft these radiators no longer warm up and I'm in the process of flushing through the pipes, which has so far removed a lot of sludge. The radiators...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys. Sorry for such a long first post. We have a 24 year old 10mm microbore ch system and on the advice of a plumber I’m going to change the rads a room at a time, as and when we decorate, to slowly achieve a more efficient system. I’m aware that modern metric rads will require an extender...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock