Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator problem , in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
my first post so be gentle with me

the radiator in the bathroom was working fine untill the other day when suddenly it was only lukewarm (the inlet pipe was hot though ) the next day it was cold at the top so bled it with the heating off , today cold as the grave all over , you use to hear the water going through it .

All the other rads are fine , tried turning them down no difference , the rad on the landing out side the bathroom is boiling hot even if i turn the thermostat right down ?? however the thermostat on that one and the bathroom are quite old looking .
advice please , it is a oil system with tank in the attic / not combi

regards and thanks in advance

Turn all the other rads off and leave the bathroom one turned on, if pump is multi speed, turn it up to highest
If air locked, this should shift it
If the trv,s are very old, there's a chance they're siezed, sometimes a light tap on the side of the valve can free them
Or take the trv head off and try and physically pulling the pin in and out, If that sounds daunting, call a plumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator problem , in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Evening all. I have an open vented C/H system with a heat only boiler and 10 rads over 3 floors. I checked the system mid summer and all was ok. Now one radiator won’t get hot. ALL rads contain water, I have bled all rads. No hot water getting to flow pipe of cold rad. All other rads are...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock