Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss quarter turn tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trigger123

what is the best way to detemain, wich tap is causing a drip, when there is a combi installed, on a quarter turn ceramic type tap, hot or cold?

I'm guessing this is a mixertap, I would replace both cartridges at the same time but if you really want to find out then fit service valves to the pipework and isolate each in turn. They may already be fitted if you're lucky.

Or you could just isolate the hot water at the boiler if you've no service valves. I agree with Phil though, replace one, replace them both.

I disagree, replace the whole tap, if won't cost much more replacing the whole tap after you've bought the discs, then struggled getting them out, it'll be quicker.

Whilst I am not keen on replacing every time sometimes it can be a nightmare finding the right cartridge. If its a branded tap like bristan or pegler the cartridges can really expensive anyways

To be honest, I always replace Franke taps rather than repair them. First question you get asked when you ring them is "What's the model number?"
"i dunno. Where do you find it?"

Then you waste 30 minutes of your life as they describe their entire range of monobloc taps.

I give up on them before I begin. Saves what little of my sanity I have left!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to quarter turn tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock