Currently reading:
Proper method for instaling push-fits

Discuss Proper method for instaling push-fits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spriteguy

Is their a magic technique for fitting push-fit bath tap tails to coper so that they don't come off 3 days later!

They look like you just push them on, but other than ensuring the copper pipe is clean and unmarked, is there anything else I should do to make sure that they don't pop off after I have left the job.

I use speedfit all the time, i like knowing when i twist they are locked, the only time i've had a leak was where the fitting was not fully on the pipe, and luckly ive never had a leak from flexi pushfits (travis perkins ones). I have never used lube and was interested to hear about it. Sounds to me like youve just been unlucky with some faulty flexis.

The best pushfit for copper pipe is tectite sprint, anything else is too ugly to be on show.

The best pushfit for copper pipe is tectite sprint, anything else is too ugly to be on show.

personally i would not have any plastic on show anyways, you cant solder within 600mm of the plastic pipe and fittings anyway so it makes it hard to convert to copper and solder outside the floor or wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Proper method for instaling push-fits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back