Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing in More than 1 Washing Machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amanda100

I am trying to get 2 washing machiens plumbed in to a commercial unit. The plumber has put 1 x 15ml pipe off the main 22 ml pipe to feed both machines. The machines are large (14kg and 12kg) so use more water than usual. Can they run off one supply pipe or do they need one each ?

So far they don't seem to be getting the clothes wet enough and I suspect they are not getting enough water. The water pressure and mains supply have been tested and i have been told they are fine, so that leaves the supply to the machines themselves in question.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Amanda

Are they new machines?
Do you know the history if they aren't?

Have you tried using just one machine at a time?

The machine should keep filling with water no matter how low the pressure until it's at it's required level, not enough water would mean the machine wouldn't start it's cycle.

They are second hand machines but I know the person I bought them from. She said they have been running fine and I have been in contact with her to ask her lots of questions about them.

If I run them without anything in them roughly how much water would I see in the drum ? The plastic 'arms' that move the clothes around the drum barely gets covered. I washed a single duvet in the 12kg drum today (its a dog bed and was pretty dirty) but it came out still smelly and barely a hint of detergent. The middle was still dry. I made sure it was not crammed, was able to move about in the drum etc. I ran that one on its own and it didn't seem to wash very well.

Could there be another fault with the machines ?

a washing machine knows when it has or has not enough water in it to start its cycle.
if the water supply is iterupted then it will take as long as necessary to satisfy its demand!
water pressure being more important than time/volume.
i can see it struggle if you start both w/m at the same time!!

check the filters in the hoses..

Thanks. The filters were cleaned just before they came to me but I'll check them again.

Silly question but are the inlet valves in good order and fully open

Where will I find the inlet valves ?

I ran the machine with nothing in it to see if there is enough water getting in and according to the pictures on the manufacturers web site it is taking in enough water. I'm a little stumped but will check inlet valves if I know where to find them:)

The inlet valve (may also be referred to the water outlet) is where the washing machine hose connects to the pipe work it should have a tap on it it wants to be inline with the body of the valve

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing to do with the plumber or plumbing by the sound of it. You should be following up with the lady who sold you the possibly 'duff' machines.

"Don't know what you're talking about, they were working fine for me. I bet your plumber hasn't plumbed them in right"

The lady I bought them from is coming tomorrow to see them working and see if she can work it out. I'm in contact with her on a daily basis and have taken over her clients for rug wash so I'd be surprised if she had sold me duff machines.

The plumber installed the pipes, I installed the machines (attach a pipe to the machine and the other end to the inlet pipe and stick the outlet pipe in the drain). The plumber has since had a look at the machines and can't see anything wrong with what I did but he's not a washing machine expert.

The 3rd machine I have feeds off the same pipe as the frist machine and the 3 maching fills just fine. Its a top loader USA machine. So it looks like its not the plumbing. But the 2 UK machines seem to not take on enough water and show no error message about it.

Your next port of call would be to call a washing machine service engineer.

That was what i was thinking but was trying to avoid that expense. This morning I will double check that they are just cold intake machines and I have not put the intake pipes in the wrong place on the back of the machine. I'm pretty sure they are just cold intake though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing in More than 1 Washing Machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock