Discuss Please HELP with new combi boiler , possible nightmare on my hands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out photo bucket a few pages back until I find out how to upload pictures correctly :)

Last edited by a moderator:
They are registered yes , I don't want to name them on here but I've emailed gas safe and included pictures this morning , they are yet to contact me back . I don't know how long to wait before I should expect a reply

Hi shaun I am not a gas engineer who has undertaken expensive training,examinations and registration to enter on to the gas safe register.If I was would be really annoyed that others can throw out shoddy work like this and think it isun acceptable GSR grow some..brum

Last edited:
Putting Gas Safe aside for 2 seconds, that just violates common sense! How can anyone drill through a lintel like that and sleep at night.

Definitely needs reporting and putting right.

They did well to core through it, probably need a new core bit now, lol.
atleast they did a nice job making the window good outside. Not good.

I am actually shocked. Some of my work is to fix what other people have cocked up. In my experience there are only 2 reasons why people don't do it right.

1. They don't know any better. Like not teeing in cyl return last/putting TRV in room with stat.

2. They are lazy, have no pride in their work and want to make the most coin for least effort.

I think you know which they are.

Also, on a side note. I would get the professional opinion of a structural engineer quickly. Obviously to sort out the safety side of it, but you get his report in writing.

This means when you don't pay for the work (which I don't think you should), if the company try to start any legal action, you will have this report to throw back at them.

Normally you should give the installer a chance to rectify, but in this case I'm not sure it would be any use or good for your home....

And post in the Looking for Engineer section of this forum, as there will be someone close who can rectify the work to a GOOD standard

Ah I thought it was a tounge in cheek comment sorry . At least that's ok then ,
it seems like I only need to sort everything else out .

Last edited by a moderator:
It can go on plywood no problems.

its not the flamability of the ply i would be worried about hard to tell from picture but i dont look very thick and those angled screws into a bit of wood thats half cut away by the core drill dont look to good

i love the six inches of badly cut mini trunking then flex floating would have looked better just tacked

No less than 150mm from a building opening?!

i'm shocked, even joe the one legged taxi driver turned pirate turned plasterer turned benefit theif would have more sense.

Putting Gas Safe aside for 2 seconds, that just violates common sense! How can anyone drill through a lintel like that and sleep at night.

Definitely needs reporting and putting right.

depends how much beer has been consumed.All joking apart and there be no joking about a potential life threating situation.I stick to bathroom fits and domestic plumbing ,Do fit heating but not connect gas .Its all oil round these parts ..brum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please HELP with new combi boiler , possible nightmare on my hands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock