Search the forum,

Discuss New Boiler advice - System or Combi? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

M

MichaelT

I am currently in the middle of a complete rennovation of my house and need some advice on what kind of boiler to get.

The house will have 4 bathrooms in total. One on the ground floor (shower), two on the 1st floor (en suite has a shower and family bathroom has a bathtub and seperate shower), one in the loft (shower). In terms of radiators, there will around 8 on ground, 7 on 1st floor, and 3 in loft.

Around 4-5 people living in the property long time. Chances are 2 people will want to shower at the same time but this limited to one if needs be.

I have a feeling a system boiler with cylinder will be the way to go but could a combi suffice if we remove the 2 people showering factor?

Also for a system boiler, can be boiler and cylinder be in the same space or should they be seperate? If seperate, can they be on different floors?

If combi is ok, what kind of spec should I be going for?

Thanks in advance!

A combi is good for 2 bathrooms and 4 people at an absoloute max. You need an unvented cylinder. Why don’t you speak to the plumber about system design as it will be much easier for him than it will be for us with the limited information available

Intergas eco rf 30 can be changed in settings to different boilers and wiring arrangement can be done should you want a combi with a cylinder. I wouldn’t be doing 4 bathrooms off just a combi though.

A large storage combi could feed more than two showers if you have requisite water and gas supplies, a large unvented however you wish to charge it is just a whole lot less stressful and I suspect more efficient.

I'm sure John.g could work it out ;) cost to heat a 250l cylinder (including standing losses) v four 60 litre showers via a combi at full power.

Reply to New Boiler advice - System or Combi? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock