Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss pipe freezing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

Long long time since done this but got jobs coming up involving this ,heating pipes need freezing and bit of knowledge of any pitfalls please plus how long you suggest freeze the pipe and how long a gap you guys recommend to keep blasting after the initial freeze .
I hate doing this type of work makes your bum twitch !!!

I would hire an electric one, where you can freeze 2 parts of the pipe, it keeps topping up the temperature to keep it frozen.

cant remember which one I used it was years ago, but it was a good unit it froze a 2" maybe 2 1.2" cold main

I have had a few pipe freezers over the years but the artic polar freezer I have used for a good few years has bean really good

Long long time since done this but got jobs coming up involving this ,heating pipes need freezing and bit of knowledge of any pitfalls please plus how long you suggest freeze the pipe and how long a gap you guys recommend to keep blasting after the initial freeze .
I hate doing this type of work makes your bum twitch !!!

Totally agree with the bum twitch........

Have the rothen, it freezes up to 60mm i think, Just make sure you don't accidently pull plug out as ice plug quickly goes a central heating flow pipe will throw water quite a distance as i found out last week LOL. But other than that comes in REALLY useful and picked up off fleabay for £250.

My advice is to just wait until it's growing icicles and frosting all over the place. And then go for it.

Plugs of ice can dislodge.

I have a rothernberger eco freeze. It beeps to tell me it's ready but give it another 5 mins and it looks like winter itself. Then I reckon it's ready.

15 mm heavy iron needs a slight re-route not a big job as such but made awkward with no valves in sight so will be freezing it ,,,,,HARUMPH!!!!

Get an electric freezing kit from your local hire centre and follow the instructions. Can't be beaten.
I once used a nitrogen bottle style kit and done my back in getting the bottle in the van. ooyah

electric rothernberger without any doubt, i use mine loads in hotels, care homes, office blocks etc......it is deffo worth it's weight in gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipe freezing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a leak on the live side of one of my rads, in the GF loo. Its a condensing combi system, the house is only 5 years old, so fairly new...
Replies
Views
We just had a waterhole bored and were lucky enough to find a flowing artesian, which delivers just over 500 gallons an hour without needing a...
Replies
Views
Afternoon, I have a virtually new one of these for sale, they are now £2,060.00 new direct from Freeze Master or Broughtons. This used Freeze...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I am considering a job in council block flat which involves amending 15mm copper pipework under 3 bar of pressure. The problem is the...
Replies
Views
I have a growing damp patch on my ceiling, I initially assumed it must be from the empty flat above (and therefore cannot gain access), and have...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock