Discuss Outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
so here's my scenario

fitting an outside tap in a house which no one stays in because they haven't moved in there, have been working in it for the past few weeks so know where i'm fitting it and where the pipes are, turn up with tools bish bash bosh done in no time

plus i think people are talking about the actual time spent working on it, not from the time you have arrived at the customers and had some tea and a biscuit and a conversation before you began

So goalposts have been moved. Even so, thirty minutes is total carp. But if you want to believe it...

i dont need to believe it, i work at a high pace every day on 1 a day heating contracts, believe what you wish

Outside tap 1/2 hour, Absolute, total, complete, utter, irrefutable, genuine, honest, reality, cobblers. Dream on people.

Next you will be saying you don't believe cats taste like chicken :lol:

Obviously you like to pace yourself so your customers feel they are getting their 40 quids worth.

I'm going to fit an outside tap tomorrow, I will record and post here how the pros do it. ***

***bria handyman your Probibly holding your rothy grips the wrong away as well these can cost vital seconds

It is fun..

Handyman ***bria do u check for leeks

. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340141323.517999.jpg

In all honesty tho its an hour to fit outside tap , 20 mins of work 40 mins drinking tea !

Personally I am fed up with drilling securing fixing holes on centres, that are & always have been, too close. Particulary annoying with brickwork cladding.
My solution is: fix a square timber wallplate, maybe 100mm or 120 mm square, direct to the wall with exterior grade construction glue & secure with two positioning screws (yes drilling into masonry is needed but less precision). tThen fix the tap using stainless pozi or Philips head screws which are easier to drive & hold much more securely.
Then paint the timber.
It takes longer but it will never come loose unlike all the bloomin exterior taps in my home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and...
Replies
Views
I’ve lost the pressure from the outside tap. It was working fine. I have checked the washer on the outside tap and the inside stop valve seen in...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm having an issue with my outside tap not working, the tiniest of dribbles comes put each time I try it. Ive changed the tap to no avail...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
I have been trying to turn off my outside tap for winter. When I turn the valve under the kitchen sink, it fails to stop the outside tap from...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock