Discuss Oscilating blade type tools. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jackplumb

Has anyone found the oscilating blade type tools handy & if so which ones?

I've got the posh one, fein multi tool. Superb, bit of kit, expensive blade though.

i've got the bosch one saved me time on numerous occasions. blades expensive though.

I've got the Fein multi master. Excellent bit of kit. Blades are atrociously expensive but you can get third party blades a lot cheaper.

I have the Fein multi tool also. Got the complete kit, over £200, with dust extraction & cutting & sanding parts. The best Fein is the one that I got that doesnt need a tool to change the blades as it has a release lever. The large wood blades are £30 for pack 3.
Thought I had made a mistake buying it, but it is brilliant for small cutting jobs, like cutting holes in the solid backs of kitchen units or cutting a floor board on top of a joist or cutting a skirting board that is fitted.
Workx do a cheap one that looks good.

Agreed - Fein Multi is surprisingly useful, especially for limiting damage to cust's existing finish, such as removing grout and pulling a single tile for access or chopping screws and nails in situ.

Very useful when you remove a few tiles to replace a shower valve & you need to cut the plywood out. The Fein tool can cut it in minutes very neatly & on centre of stud supports if you want. It is the only thing I know that can cut flooring against walls.

Mains. I like it for access through chip board flooring and also for a really tidy finish at door frames when I'm tiling. Just cut out 1/2" from the back mould and door frame then slide the tile under. Cutting out damaged tiles, cleaning off tile adhesive to reuse tiles, cutting out backs of kitchen cupboards, etc etc etc.

Best thing since sliced bread :) :) :) :)

I've got the bosch GOP 250 also good for cutting pipes in situ were you can't get a pipe slice in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oscilating blade type tools. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back