Discuss Offset Multikwick pan connectors. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sullivan

Hi Guys,

I hope somebody can give me some advice on the use of offset pan connectors. I propose to use a 100mm offset multikwick pan connector to achieve the ideal location for the positioning of a new pan. Has anybody any experience as to how successful those connectors are when installed horizontally? My concern is the sudden sharp bends may affect the flush which may require multiple flushed to get rid of solids. The pan will be fixed on an Amtico floor so I want to get the position correct first time. It's too late at this stage to alter the connection from the waste carrier pipe!

Thanks,

John.

I've used loads of them and never had a problem. If you're really concerned it may be worth considering a flexi connector as an alternative.

Most off-set connector's are fine however some are very off-set if you know what i mean and take up about 50 per cent of the soil hole which doe's cause big problem's, a flexi is not a bad idea as Paul suggested

You an buy different size off sets

I think it's a 20mm and a 40mm.

You an buy different size off sets

I think it's a 20mm and a 40mm.
it must be the 40mm one i was talking about, toilet blocked at least once a week since bathroom installation so pipe got altered in to stack

Sometimes a flexi just will not give tight enough bends and an offset connector is the only option. Experience will tell by looking at it.
They generally don't present a problem. If you don't fancy it the answer it to alter the 4" pipe.

Pay your money take your chance. It should have been thought of right at the start of the project.

Sometimes a flexi just will not give tight enough bends and an offset connector is the only option. Experience will tell by looking at it.
They generally don't present a problem. If you don't fancy it the answer it to alter the 4" pipe.

Pay your money take your chance. It should have been thought of right at the start of the project.
Cowboy plumbers fitted bathroom you see, they changed a low level for a c/coupled and so the outlet sizes differed and they used this crazy looking offset to join!

that 100mm offset looks like a really bad idea to me, the bends look too sharp and could block up really easily to my eye. i don't think i would use one there are ways of getting round the situation.

all the big ofsets cause the pans to partialy fill during flushing avoid if possible but if its the only option its got to be
doubt if youll get a flexi to ofset 100mm in the distance youll have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Offset Multikwick pan connectors. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning, I'm looking for some advice please. I'm a DIYer. I'm fitting a wall hung toilet in our downstairs toilet but the frame is very close...
Replies
Views
Welder
W
N
Hi all, Can anyone help with this? I have to fit a pan in a bathroom where the soil pipe has been cut flush with the wall at 120mm centre...
Replies
Views
S
I am in the process of refurbishing my small cloakroom. The existing toilet pan has a bottom outlet and enters the soil pipe in the floor. The the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock