Currently reading:
offset pan connector

Discuss offset pan connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nat

Hi all,

Can anyone help with this?

I have to fit a pan in a bathroom where the soil pipe has been cut flush with the wall at 120mm centre from floor level. Most pans are 180mm to centre and the biggest offset connector I have seen is 40mm. Not enough. I don't think I can use a straight flexible and set it down without bringing the cistern away from the wall which I don't want to do. Any ideas?

Cheers

Will a straight extension and an offset pan connector get you there?

There is a bigger off set out there, can't think off makers

Will a straight extension and an offset pan connector get you there?

No. If you imagine all the room I have to play with is from the spigot on the back of the pan to the wall that the cistern will sit against. Not much space. 150mm maybe? The customer hasn't bought the toilet yet if that helps.

I think there is one that offsets by half the pipe, so about 50 mm. Could be Mcdee? Polypipe, Mcalpine, & Multiwik are others. If you use a multiwik extension + an offset, try to make sure the extension is not tight to soil pipe. Keep it back about 10mm & that allows it to angle a little if it needs to line up with pan connector ( offset or not ).

Last edited:
I see what you mean, well in me head, I've seen the mcalpine one that does 40mm. Any chance of being able to dig into the wall and giving yourself a touch more room?

What type of pan has been removed and what is going to take its place? regards turnpin

I see what you mean, well in me head, I've seen the mcalpine one that does 40mm. Any chance of being able to dig into the wall and giving yourself a touch more room?

Not really as would need to chop back the cast soil pipe back too. Would have to make a massive hole on a wall that will be tiled. Really don't want to get into altering the soil pipe from outside. There must be a way!

What type of pan has been removed and what is going to take its place? regards turnpin

Good question.

It's a standard issue close coupled toilet. There is an offset connector on it that I have never seen before. I could reuse it I suppose but wanted to renew the lot.

Same height but you can move the toilet further from the wall as much or little as you want, you can then cut flush pipe to suit, this way you then have enough room to fit a flexi. That is the way I always get around this problem.

Good question.

It's a standard issue close coupled toilet. There is an offset connector on it that I have never seen before. I could reuse it I suppose but wanted to renew the lot.

Standard c/c pans generally are Horizontal outlet I suspect a P trap pan has been removed Only way out I can see for you with minimum fuss is to is to try a 40 mm offset fitted into a 20 mm offset with a joining ring all available from Multi kwik
you may have to space the new pan away from the wall to give you a better chance good luck regards turnpin
check the internal size of the soil pipe as may be LCC 3 1/2"
icon7.png

Multiquick do a vicious 100mm ofsett which I have in the garage for if and when I need it, but it looks a right jobbie trapper to me and would not be suitable in this situation.

I also have a very short flexi I got from B&Q, much shorter than the normal ones. May be worth a look?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to offset pan connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock