1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Soil Pan Misaligned - Wall Hung Toilet in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

It won't harm but you could also get a jug of water and pour it down to see if anything on the bottom leaks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Phil5698

Phil5698 New Member

Thanks, I'll give that a go too.

3. Raccus

Raccus New Member

was said earlier not to use a flexible connector, what is the reaosn for that please? Im going to have a WC that will be about 100-150mm misaligned to a pipe going straight out the back through the wall. Was intending to use a flexi for that.

4. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

Most toilets fitted in the UK are too low for easy use by older people. With it being lifted as it is you will make it much easier for older users.

FYI, the effort required to rise from a WC when you legs are at 90 degrees (typical 420mm seat height) is nearly TWICE that reqd to rise from one set at 480mm (approx 98 degrees).

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Ben-gee

Ben-gee Plumber

Comfort/ease of use increases with height ( bit messy if standing vertically, so there are limits!); however medically the opposite is true. Program on radio 4 said that at knee angle of less than 90 internal bits are restricted. So the old “squat and drop” ‘foreign’ toilets are better for you - not much good for reading the paper. The same effect can be achieved by placing your feet on a box/step whilst sitting down on a pan. So I suppose the best all round would be a raised pan for ease of use with a box to place feet on - I wonder in duravit will make a nice ceramic one.

6. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

Hey what do I know. Only fit em and listen to feedback from users...
    I get the internal thing, but in the western world the biggest issue is loss of muscle tone due to lack of exercise & obesity :(
    In a third world nation that is rarely a problem.
    So far as Im concerned, happy punters pay the mortgage not gerontologists or anthropologists :rolleyes: