Discuss No cold water in bathroom after changing toilet? Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
just like to mention that the reason he should get a plumber is because he hasn't got the tools and not willing to buy them either, could of been a quick fix with the right tools and could of reused tools when replacing basin and kitchen sink i.e. and learnt a lot too.
however if you are not willing to buy tools for the job then you cant do the job.

cant paint a wall without a paint brush. cant fix a car without a ratchet.

however to all those that are not willing to help this guy and decide to be rude, then get off this forum, I am fed up of plumbers bullying people like this on this forum and getting away with it, this is supposed to be a respectable forum and I got told off for using XXXX instead of swearing, however there are loads of "plumbers arm members" who are free to bully and intimidate at will. if you aren't willing to help then get off the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
just like to mention that the reason he should get a plumber is because he hasn't got the tools and not willing to buy them either, could of been a quick fix with the right tools and could of reused tools when replacing basin and kitchen sink i.e. and learnt a lot too.
however if you are not willing to buy tools for the job then you cant do the job.

cant paint a wall without a paint brush. cant fix a car without a ratchet.

however to all those that are not willing to help this guy and decide to be rude, then get off this forum, I am fed up of plumbers bullying people like this on this forum and getting away with it, this is supposed to be a respectable forum and I got told off for using XXXX instead of swearing, however there are loads of "plumbers arm members" who are free to bully and intimidate at will. if you aren't willing to help then get off the forum.

We have helped. If you read through all the posts. I believe that the use of a wet vac has been suggested. And also how to check the gate valve is working. Also about forcing the air out using the mains water.
What more can we do???

The reason why we have stopped helping is because of the rudeness and stubborn attitude of not listening to what we are saying to him

We have helped. If you read through all the posts. I believe that the use of a wet vac has been suggested. And also how to check the gate valve is working. Also about forcing the air out using the mains water.
What more can we do???

The reason why we have stopped helping is because of the rudeness and stubborn attitude of not listening to what we are saying to him

Still no reason to be rude, if he doesnt listen then leave him to it and don't post rude comments.

Still no reason to be rude, if he doesnt listen then leave him to it and don't post rude comments.
I agree. Courtesy is free.

In these times of economic uncertainty and slow work in the industry, surely when someone comes on the forum looking for advice, their must be a plumber on this forum living close by that can offer to pop round and do the job.

Personally speaking I can normally get rid of airlocks by just turning on all outlets supplied by the tank outlet, the pipework must have a high spot in the loft if it is an airlock.

Are you sure the gate valve IS open? I've lost count of how many customers have told me a gate valve is fine and works and turns out not to be the case.

Basically all I am saying is that there may be times when people need to be told, "you need a plumber" or "don't do it" but cant we respect each other, personnaly reading the posts on here I would never employ a plumber from here for fear of him being rude and cocky, why is it the few bad ones on here really have to lower the tone on here for the rest of us.

Personally speaking I can normally get rid of airlocks by just turning on all outlets supplied by the tank outlet, the pipework must have a high spot in the loft if it is an airlock.

Are you sure the gate valve IS open? I've lost count of how many customers have told me a gate valve is fine and works and turns out not to be the case.

Does seem like some sort of blocksge, due to the fact that he is getting a little trickle of water coming through, which is building up, air locks are usually absolutely no water.

I would follow pipes down to bathroom, maybe something was turned off in the rush to get water off after water came gushing out, that has been completely forgotten about. I do it all the time., forget boiler was switched off and wait for water to get hot, i.e.

How many plumbers does it take to do a simple job?

Answer: One to do the job, and twenty to argue about it on the internet.

:rolleyes4:

Hopefully it's all gone wrong

If I could stop everyone on here helping you I would. Because the knowledge we have is very expensive. And I think it's about time you started to pay for it

These are the comments I am talking about, how is this in anyway helpful and then the OP was told off for giving as good as he gets with comments like "try not giving attitude when asking for help"

should the OP should just take grief from you guys and accept it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No cold water in bathroom after changing toilet? Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock