Search the forum,

Discuss Newbie toliet fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DogsDinner

I had bought a 'back to the wall' toilet, I feel quite confident, apart from the waste, I think I will need a flexi pipe? the soil pipe I am connecting comes up through the floor and measures 5" diameter. What is the product I need?

Thanks!

Is the existing soil pipe plastic or cast?,if cast ,is it a collar that is 5'' ?,picture maybe good

photo-7.jpg

It's plastic, it looks like whoever put the last toilet in has filled the gap?

i think you may struggle to get it flush to the wall

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll be a challenge, it's hard to say exactly how without having it infront of me, if the toilet unit is deep enough I'd probably use a straight flexi multiquik If not then possibly a long bent one like you have and then use a short straight one as well to push into the bent. (this works) but like I say, it's pretty hard to advise without having it in front of me, you'll probably have to break the collar off too, carefully and ensuring none falls back down the waste itself.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zgun1m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Newbie toliet fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I need to this cast iron pipe back as my new back to wall toilet won’t fit otherwise. Cutting it back i am going to lose the collar. So what fitting can I get for it I would like a flex as it will easier for me when installing the new toilet
Replies
Views
Hi! Totally inexperienced DIY newbie so bear with me for descriptions! Pictures hopefully help. I’m trying to remove an unused downstairs toilet in our new house. It’s eventually going to be moved to the other side of the house. The seal around the back of the toilet had failed so I switched...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock