Search the forum,

Discuss Capping off unused toilet in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi! Totally inexperienced DIY newbie so bear with me for descriptions! Pictures hopefully help.

I’m trying to remove an unused downstairs toilet in our new house. It’s eventually going to be moved to the other side of the house.

The seal around the back of the toilet had failed so I switched off the water to it to avoid it leaking, but without the water in the pan the sewerage smell is disgusting.

From what I can see, there is an elbow joint (white - picture 1) that had been cemented into the grey piece (picture 2), which on the other side has an inlet for a sink waste too (picture 3). The grey piece then looks to go into the actual waste pipe (orange) and into the slab to the main drains.

Now, the seal between the grey and white piece has failed (picture 4, blue line) and the back of the grey piece is partially cracked (picture 4, green line).

My thinking is the only way to fully seal this off, including the sink waste, is that I’ll need to somehow cut the grey piece off and fit a bung where the soil pipe is (orange)?

Appreciate any pointers, this is well above my pay grade at this point!

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3803.jpeg
    IMG_3803.jpeg
    466.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3804.jpeg
    IMG_3804.jpeg
    523.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3807.jpeg
    IMG_3807.jpeg
    449.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3805.jpeg
    IMG_3805.jpeg
    435.4 KB · Views: 14

Reply to Capping off unused toilet in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock