Discuss multimeter help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scotty plumber

Hi, can somebody please advise me in a very easy to use multimeter via ebay, it will be mainly just used on testing immersion heaters etc Cheers!

Just nip into any electrical trade counter and pick one up.
I use a newlec one and it does everything I want and more for about 20 quid.

You can spend a fortune for a good one (eg Fluke) but tbh its not needed.

Ive just bought a Di-log voltage tester of E-bay £35 including shipping, there,s no buttons or switches simply two probes that show 12-600v and up to 400kohm continuity so its great for voltage and breakdowns.

The Socket and See one is pretty good. You only have two connections for your leads, it can measure micro amps (so you can test a flame sensing probe if the cable from it allows) and it's half the price of a Fluke that does the same job.

Only thing is the probes supplied are crap and I suggest you upgrade them.

Last edited:
[DLMURL="http://www.test4less.co.uk/details.asp?ProductID=1029"]Test4less Electrical & Gas Test Equipment Distributor - Details For Socket & See DM240 Plus Multimeter[/DLMURL]

Here take a look.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Socket and See one is pretty good. You only have two connections for your leads, it can measure micro amps (so you can test a flame sensing probe if the cable from it allows) and it's half the price of a Fluke that does the same job.

Only thing is the probes supplied are crap and I suggest you upgrade them.

I have one of them on the van (company) and to my shame I have not even opened it yet.

Maybe its worth a look.

Apparently its what the BG guys are now issued.

I haven't used mine for a while, but it is good. As I mentioned the probes supplied are crap. I sent the first one back as I thought I was getting dodgy results, then on the next one, I rubbed the end of the probe with some emery cloth and stripped back a bit of the plastic insulation. In the end I bought some new quality probes which cost another £20.

The annoying thing is, when I got it, I gave my old Di Log one away, with good probes.

I resent paying Fluke money, but there stuff is all good quality. Socket and See is the poor mans Fluke, but does the job and won't make me cry if I lose or drop it.

[DLMURL="http://www.test4less.co.uk/details.asp?ProductID=1029"]Test4less Electrical & Gas Test Equipment Distributor - Details For Socket & See DM240 Plus Multimeter[/DLMURL]

Here take a look.
i had one of them danny,i recommended it on here it blew up both of them either it was a bad batch or crap meters sorry to say

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a fluke forgotten the model can look it up for you if needed. Does everything except make tea and toast, buy once buy right.

It wasn't that expensive either.

i had one of them danny,i recommended it on here it blew up both of them either it was a bad batch or crap meters sorry to say

Mines still going strong. Yes it was you that suggested them!!

In fairness, I've been doing far, far less breakdowns as I've been installing systems for the last 8 months, and I'm too booked up to do anything else. So its hardly had a hard life as yet. I'll let you know if it goes pop.

Now when you say you blew them up. You don't mean bang!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to multimeter help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi my triton shower suddenly had no water coming out after Thames water doing work outside my house, the shower just started buzzing with no water...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Desperately in need of help. Getting very annoyed with myself Replaced the click plug in my bathroom for a new Basin Slotted one along...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I hope someone might be able to help please. I hope this isn't a daft question. I am trying to remove the side panels on my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock