Discuss Log burning stove in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe they don't supply the correct flue with the appliance. Seems like an accident waiting to happen.

As above. Proper install needed. Danger is when people close down air to achieve overnight burn. Leaks on flue, that would normally draw in air, and incomplete combustion create a danger.

Should also add that in the absence of existing chimney the termination of flue above roof level needs special consideration, both for stability and to avoid downdraft.

Why would u not use a balanced flue from old gas boiler? My mate says it's fine

I can't believe they don't supply the correct flue with the appliance. Seems like an accident waiting to happen.

You're not installing a flue, you're installing a chimney system. There are many variables to consider, size, route termination which could effect it's specification. Unlike a gas boiler, it's not a one size fits all approach.

The flue/chimney supplier can specify it based on your information, but if I'm honest (and without being disrespectful) it sounds as if you may be better passing the job to someone with a bit more knowledge, or doing some training prior to installing.

Try spec flue they will sec it correctly for what you want
As nostrum says it's a chimney system now as you taking it to termination

Yeah Even though it should be a fairly simple job I think I will get a qualified fitter in. Not worth the risk from the sound of it

As you are gas safe the HETAS installer course should be easy for you. Problem is unless you
pay annual fee you still cannot sign off work. For low number of installs fee may be uneconomical.( Bit like Part P)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Log burning stove in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Interested on thoughts on this (I've also posted on another forum but thought this might be a better place to ask); Long time lurker, have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, came across this forum this looking for information on my sooting up kitchen type indoor Enviromax. I'm a retired electronics/maintenance...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry to bother you all with this but I am really struggling to find a suitable combi-boiler replacement and a knowledgeable heating engineer...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
All advice appreciated. I've made a number of bad decisions & trying to stop the flow. I used a small plumbing company (one man band but...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock