Discuss Boiler installation nightmare - advice in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Gas Safe inspection completed & report being prepared. Work was completed by Gas Safe Engineer but not registered to do work as an individual.

Paying different company to rectify faults.

Attachments

• IMG_1359.jpg
    IMG_1359.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1363.jpg
    IMG_1363.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1380.jpg
    IMG_1380.jpg
    449.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1373.jpg
    IMG_1373.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1372.jpg
    IMG_1372.jpg
    788.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1368.jpg
    IMG_1368.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1381.jpg
    IMG_1381.jpg
    415.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1377.jpg
    IMG_1377.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1364.jpg
    IMG_1364.jpg
    597.9 KB · Views: 52
Hang on. The OP paid money by bank transfer to a company which now claims this installation is nothing to do with it. Has the company refused the payment? Has the company confirmed in writing it is not involved?

Far as I'm concerned, if the company has passed this money on to the installer who commissioned the boiler, then it is involved (or it needs to refund the money).

I'm not sure we are being all the facts here ******..

Why would anyone pay cash for a boiler install? madness
To save bank charges? I paid for my van in cash. I object to letting the banks make 3% or whatever of my hard-earnt income for handling the money when the Bank of England does this for free.

If cash is paid as a way of allowing the worker to not declare the income and evade VAT and income tax, that is one thing (and is illegal). If, however, cash is merely used as a form of payment, there is nothing wrong with that.

It is unusual, though, I admit. Most people prefer the convenience of not having to withdraw cash at a hole-in-the-wall (after all, most people are paid electronically) and carry it around. It does seem especially unusual that the OP paid cash with invoice to follow, but seems he trusted the plumber enough to be happy doing so.

Gas Safe has been out & sent a report to HSE.

Four faults were listed under gas supply & seven under the boiler installatio.

It has been deemed an illegal installation as Gas Safe view is that the engineerr was working for the plumbing company I had used previously as a sub contractor & neither has a gas safe registration number. He should not have registered the boiler using his employers details. Payment to the gas engineers company is now stated as being for 'goods only'.

I've paid someone else to rectify & I'm just going to move on.

Reply to Boiler installation nightmare - advice in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back