Discuss Boiler installation nightmare - advice in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm not sure we are being all the facts here ******..

Why would anyone pay cash for a boiler install? madness
To save bank charges? I paid for my van in cash. I object to letting the banks make 3% or whatever of my hard-earnt income for handling the money when the Bank of England does this for free.

If cash is paid as a way of allowing the worker to not declare the income and evade VAT and income tax, that is one thing (and is illegal). If, however, cash is merely used as a form of payment, there is nothing wrong with that.

It is unusual, though, I admit. Most people prefer the convenience of not having to withdraw cash at a hole-in-the-wall (after all, most people are paid electronically) and carry it around. It does seem especially unusual that the OP paid cash with invoice to follow, but seems he trusted the plumber enough to be happy doing so.

Gas Safe has been out & sent a report to HSE.

Four faults were listed under gas supply & seven under the boiler installatio.

It has been deemed an illegal installation as Gas Safe view is that the engineerr was working for the plumbing company I had used previously as a sub contractor & neither has a gas safe registration number. He should not have registered the boiler using his employers details. Payment to the gas engineers company is now stated as being for 'goods only'.

I've paid someone else to rectify & I'm just going to move on.

Reply to Boiler installation nightmare - advice in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Outside of using a gas-safe LPG engineer, do I have to notify building control for the installation of pipework, hob and a 15kg propane bottle?
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock