Discuss Loctite 55 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used this for the first time yesterday on a compression that wouldn't seal.

Spot on

Excellent

Do you mean a male or female iron rocket and your putting the 55 on screwed fittings, if its just a compression fitting i wouldnt be putting loctite 55 on anything.

22 I usually put 18 on as standard and I had one batch of cheap reads & valves that all leaked until I put between 36 & 45 wraps, used about 10 rolls of ptfe on that job

My starting point is normally 18-20 wraps aswell if i ever use PTFE

I find one wrap / gas ptfe is much better
Locktite 55 is good, I rough up bigger threads with a hacksaw blade

I used to carefully place the 55 cord in the threads not wrap it like a birds nest as shown in that video.

Used loads of 55, never roughed up the thread and never had a problem.

Mind you I use it exclusively on LCS not rad tails ect

Any of you used the liquid stuff I nearly passed out when they told me how much it was ! Never brought it.

577 plumb ? If so its good very good

Any of you used the liquid stuff I nearly passed out when they told me how much it was ! Never brought it.
It is expensive. But very good for difficult jobs when you need yo line a fitting up.
I use it for making valves onto chrome towel rails. Put a small amount on the start of the thread and screw in hand tight. Leave for a couple of hours and that's it! I tend to do them the day before. So far no problems.

Shaun beat me to it Loctite 577 on everything threaded I have used it since they made it is very good also better than the previous 572

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loctite 55 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Rad is only a few years old. Paint is flaking away at the top curved section and it looks like faint spots of rust where the rad is now bare.
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to take my bath out and fit a shower. Regards to tanking. Is it ok to just seal everything with plastic rather than just...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock