Discuss kane 455 calibration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

princegoose

Hi,

My FGA is due for calibration. Found that Kane themselves do it, as do JMW ltd. Happy to go with JMW unless someone tells me otherwise. Any advice?

Thanks

go with kane if you have a new on and you get the extended warranty cover.

forgot to ask, did kane contact you to tell you about the calibration date? just wondering as mine is due soon but im a lazy git and cant remember where i filed the paperwork for it.

Hi, thanks, no they didn't. But the calibration date is over a month before i purchased it new so a bit confused about whether or not theyll cover it, was done oct 2010 :-(

they will continue the warranty for 5 years if you get it calibrated by themselves, i would phone them up and ask the question. Tell them you have been on holiday/working away and could not sort it out. If you are paying them to calibrate it i would think they wont have a problem as they will want your custom.

I had my trusted fluke thermometer checked for calibration and it came back with a document stating that it was under reading by 4 degrees at zero and boiling points. I didn't believe this and checked it in a flask of ice cubes stirred in a flask of water result, 0 degrees shown.

I then checked it against water boiling in a pot, result, 100 degrees shown. I live at sea level so no correction for altitude was neccessary. I contacted the calibration centre complaining and they sent a rep with a calibrator, which bore out my readings.

what do you suppose happened? they sent a calibration certificate that stated my thermometer met requirements provided that it was used at sea level.

sod calibration companies I will defend my equipment in court with science. (also posted elsewhere)

I had my trusted fluke thermometer checked for calibration and it came back with a document stating that it was under reading by 4 degrees at zero and boiling points. I didn't believe this and checked it in a flask of ice cubes stirred in a flask of water result, 0 degrees shown.

I then checked it against water boiling in a pot, result, 100 degrees shown. I live at sea level so no correction for altitude was neccessary. I contacted the calibration centre complaining and they sent a rep with a calibrator, which bore out my readings.

what do you suppose happened? they sent a calibration certificate that stated my thermometer met requirements provided that it was used at sea level.

sod calibration companies I will defend my equipment in court with science. (also posted elsewhere)

Oh well, Ive just sent it off to Kane.

Best of luck in court if a family die of CO poisoning after you've 'tested' their appliances. Unlikely maybe but not worth it. I take it you meant you'd not have ANYTHING calibrated again?

ive often thought this as well get one calibrated and weekly check others against it monday morning all gathered round the merchants boiler

Oh well, Ive just sent it off to Kane.

Best of luck in court if a family die of CO poisoning after you've 'tested' their appliances. Unlikely maybe but not worth it. I take it you meant you'd not have ANYTHING calibrated again?

thank you for your kind reminder, but what i was saying is that i take responsibility to check my equipment against science proven absolute references, not some twit who cannot use a calibrator properly...possibly also, maybe THEIR calibrator is only good at sea level I have a lot of good test equipment and a high regard for public safety and I don't want to stand in court saying "it wasn't me your honour, i had my kit tested by company X" the family would still be just as dead

thank you for your kind reminder, but what i was saying is that i take responsibility to check my equipment against science proven absolute references, not some twit who cannot use a calibrator properly...possibly also, maybe THEIR calibrator is only good at sea level I have a lot of good test equipment and a high regard for public safety and I don't want to stand in court saying "it wasn't me your honour, i had my kit tested by company X" the family would still be just as dead

Touche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to kane 455 calibration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock