Discuss isolation valve stuck under kitchen sink in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

N

nick-1973

hi i have a dripping tap at the kitchen sink but the isolation valve will not move, i have tried wd40 on it but it wont budge.
any advice on what to do with it please?
also i live in a maisonette and there is no stop tap thing under the sink- any ideas where i would / could find the tap to turn the water off please?

any help is very much appreciated
cheers
nick

Try turning it the other way or have you tried left and right. is there a slot or a screwdriver or it might be another type and the handle/ twist knob has been removed.

Reply to isolation valve stuck under kitchen sink in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Throughout our house there are numerous isolation valves which are on almost every plumbing fixture. Clearly whoever plumbed this had a thing...
Replies
Views
Morning, Moved house a few months ago and first issue is having a slight leak on tap in kitchen. Went under sink to turn off water and there are...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed...
Replies
Views
I have been trying to turn off my outside tap for winter. When I turn the valve under the kitchen sink, it fails to stop the outside tap from...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock