Discuss Is it really cheaper for me to have central heating on all day than a gas fire? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
1706 to 1709

You've used about 3 cubic metres of gas today boiling your butt off, that equates to approx 34kw/h. You can work out from your bill what that is per day.

I think we've worked out why your usage is as high as it is haven't we?

You've used about 3 cubic metres of gas today boiling your butt off, that equates to approx 34kw/h. You can work out from your bill what that is per day.

I think we've worked out why your usage is as high as it is haven't we?

Yes I think everything is OK. Thank God I don't have to fight anymore. You would think that it was coming out there own pocket, the council inspectors that is. I am so tired fighting them. Just got gas Fire to do tomorrow. And then it will be a couple of days in my thermals when they arrive to account for the wastage. But it was worth it as stress makes my conditions worsen and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for bearing with me. Thanks again.

Yes I think everything is OK. Thank God I don't have to fight anymore. You would think that it was coming out there own pocket, the council inspectors that is. I am so tired fighting them. Just got gas Fire to do tomorrow. And then it will be a couple of days in my thermals when they arrive to account for the wastage. But it was worth it as stress makes my conditions worsen and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for bearing with me. Thanks again.

Do I have to run my gas fire the whole day. Can I not just calculate by the hour?

Why are you bothering to test now when you know what the problem is?

Your hall stat is set too high and so is the rad stat.

Why are you bothering to test now when you know what the problem is?

Your hall stat is set too high and so is the rad stat.

It's what someone asked me to do. Can't remember his name using phone for forum. I don't think he's convinced that you loose 40p in the £1 with fire.

Do I have to run my gas fire the whole day. Can I not just calculate by the hour?

Calculating by the hour will not be as accurate. Your home will need more heat put into it in colder parts of day - like in the evening and especially on a cold start up where it needs to build the heat up in the house.

You don't need to run it all day.

Put your fire on then go look at your meter, take a reading including the decimal points in m3/hr (or cubic feet per hour if you've got a very old meter)

Time it for 2 minutes then record the reading then.

Then do the same for your boiler.

Come back and tell us what your readings are, what units it's recorded in (m3/hr or ft3/hr), what your tariff per unit is and your calorific value. These last couple will be found on your latest bill.

We can tell you what you're paying per hour then.

You don't need to run it all day.

Put your fire on then go look at your meter, take a reading including the decimal points in m3/hr (or cubic feet per hour if you've got a very old meter)

Time it for 2 minutes then record the reading then.

Then do the same for your boiler.

Come back and tell us what your readings are, what units it's recorded in (m3/hr or ft3/hr), what your tariff per unit is and your calorific value. These last couple will be found on your latest bill.

We can tell you what you're paying per hour then.
It's at 1710366 been on full for 2 hours reading started at 1709244. Going to do as you suggest just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it really cheaper for me to have central heating on all day than a gas fire? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
I am repiping my whole house and changing from combi boiler to a 30kW system boiler & 250Ltr or 300Ltr unvented indirect hw tank. Can somebody...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock