Discuss Is it really cheaper for me to have central heating on all day than a gas fire? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a hundred posts and no resolution we all need medication.
I am dissapointed in the Joke you make of medicine. I am on numerous medications for my conditions and you're going to get a result tonight. And tomorrow night aswell. Yes I admit it took a while to get it through to me about the Boiler but you have no idea of the fighting it takes to get things done and that is why I wanted to be more than sure that it wasn't a new boiler I needed as once the fighting starts I can't change my mind and say oh I want a new boiler if it was just radiators I was going to fight for, for example. and I can only apologise for that. But again I can't thank everyone enough for putting up with me for that and I just bloody remembered Christmas is nearly here so I can't do the test with the meter. Then again I might not have to. I might not have to fight for anything and to me that is well worth all this toing and froing as stress makes 2 of my major conditions a hell of a lot worse so please hang in there with me until tonight. And for the gas fire test tomorrow. And that's it done and dusted I now know I don't need a new boiler which I wasn't completely sure and radiators migh help a bit. To which I did not know any of so it's not been unfruitful to me quite the oposite and again I am sorry and thank you all for hhanging in there with me. And I mean that from the bottom of my heart!

In the hall mate not sweating roasting but very warm as Living Room radiator I was told to keep it at full. the rest at 2.

If your room stat is in the hall, then I would think it advisable to turn the radiator in the living rooms thermostatic valve (if you have one) to a sensible setting of about number 4.
Your room stat in the hall won't control the living room temperature accurately

Last edited:
If your room stat is in the hall, then I would think it advisable to turn the radiator in the living rooms thermostatic valve (if you have one) to a sensible setting of about number 4.
Your room stat in the hall won't control the living room temperature accurately
I am going to keep it at full mate for the remainder of this test. Thanks again buddy.

In the hall mate not sweating roasting but very warm as Living Room radiator I was told to keep it at full. the rest at 2.

Warm is just fine, knock the rad thermostat to 4 or 3 or whatever temp is comfortable without being too hot. What temp do have the hall thermostat and what is the point of "testing" your system at an unrealistically high temp?

Last edited:
Warm is just fine, knock the rad thermostat to 4 or 3 or whatever temp is comfortable without being too hot. What temp do have the hall thermostat and what is the point of "testing" your system at an unrealistically high temp?

I am testing at 21 degrees Celsius as that's what I use mate. At my dinner be back asap.

I am going to keep it at full mate for the remainder of this test. Thanks again buddy.

No point really. No thermostatic radiator valve should be much above number 4. That's going to give a room temperature of approx 24 degrees. If you turn it to number 5 setting the temperature will be about 29 degrees if you want a sauna.

Sounds like he has a programmable room stat, says he cant understand why it turns off, if he cant understand how it works he may be better to get it replaced with a basic RF unit on a stand so he can move it around with him.

No point really. No thermostatic radiator valve should be much above number 4. That's going to give a room temperature of approx 24 degrees. If you turn it to number 5 setting the temperature will be about 29 degrees if you want a sauna.
Yes But I am better keeping it at that just now. the plumber told me 28. Once I have done the test I will put it down to 4 mate.

Sounds like he has a programmable room stat, says he cant understand why it turns off, if he cant understand how it works he may be better to get it replaced with a basic RF unit on a stand so he can move it around with him.
No I only know the basics of the thermostat. So yes maybe but I won't get it as they won't give me an extra one for my Bedroom to use when I can't walk. I have been told to use my electric blanket. So no way will I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it really cheaper for me to have central heating on all day than a gas fire? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
I am repiping my whole house and changing from combi boiler to a 30kW system boiler & 250Ltr or 300Ltr unvented indirect hw tank. Can somebody...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views
Back